Human Resources Assistant(1347 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
The Human Resources Assistant will support the Human Resources Department in management of human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources, policies, programs, and practices. This position is based in the WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||11 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-097|
|Closing Date:||21 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Human Resource||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the HR Department with the position announcements, circulate announcements with the WLD team, and assist with the collection of relevant documents (e.g. recruitment and personnel documents, such as resumes, reference checks and degree verification).
2. Develop, maintain, and update, personnel files and other related records, maintaining all HR forms and getting these accurately filled-out by the new employees.
3. Assist the HR Team with the uploading the soft copies of the documents on SharePoint on a daily basis.
4. Maintain an effective filing system (electronic, paper) for personnel management records and other relevant files.
5. Update the Leave Tracker on a weekly basis and share the balance with the staff.
6. Assist all staff with the monthly timesheets including checking the accuracy of the timesheets against the timecard tracker, submission of the timesheets to the Finance Department, and follow- up with the Finance Department as required.
7. Provide administrative support to the HR team, contribute to the team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
8. Receive and log CVs for vacant positions including maintaining the CVs databank in appropriate order.
9. Scheduling/coordinating written tests and/or interviews, with the shortlisted candidates.
10. Process the Tax Identification Number for new staff.
11. Review all documents to be submitted to the Ministry of Finance in order to obtain a TIN Number.
12. Prepare HR documents such as simple contract amendments for transfer and reassignment of local employees.
13. Provide administrative support to the professionals as required including performing some of the specialized functions in the absence of any HR member.
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities, limitations and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization in a high level capacity.
• Ability to take direction and be comfortable working both independently and within a team setting;
• Language proficiency in (Dari or Pashto, and English) languages.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
• Bachelor’s degree; and/or completed a bachelor’s study program in a related field;
• Minimum of 4 years of related experience in Human Resources Administration.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
Subject line must be: HR Assistant - WLD 097
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Recruitment Officer at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(M..||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Human Resource Specialist at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|HR Analyst - Females only at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|