Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-Jalalabad(409 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Under the guidance of the Senior Scholarship Specialist, the Provincial Scholarship Coordinator will help in the overall implementation of the scholarship program in each of the Project’s target provinces and will liaise between the main office, scholarship recipients, and the high schools, in which the scholarship recipients are enrolled.
|Date Posted:||11 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-0101|
|Closing Date:||22 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The WLD Provincial Scholarship Coordinator will report directly to the scholarship program Team Lead/Senior Scholarship Specialist. He/she will be stationed in WLD focal point office but will have regular travels between Kabul and respective province and will be responsible for but not limited to:
1. Coordinating the implementation, operation and monitoring of the WLD scholarship program in the respective target Province;
2. Actively assisting in WLD Scholarship Program’s announcements/awareness campaigns, e.g. disseminating correct and timely information to the STG in her/his respective province;
3. Distributing and collecting scholarship application forms to and from the applicants and to the implementing partners—UNICEF, Ministries of Women Affairs’ Provincial Directorate, Ministry of Education’s Provincial Directorate, and Afghan Women’s Educational Center;
4. Collecting application forms and submit them to the Scholarship Program Assistant in a timely manner;
5. Monitoring scholarship recipients’ monthly attendance and their academic progress to ensure that scholarship recipients remain eligible for the scholarship program;
6. Writing monthly reports—attendance and progress—for every individual scholarship recipient in the relevant target Province: the number of scholarship recipients in each Province is ideally 300 students;
7. Disbursing scholarship funds via Bank transfer to the scholarship recipients and providing clear evidences of the fund transfer/bank statement
8. Liaising with those institutions and agencies that are training/teaching scholarship recipients;
9. Serving as the primary point of contact for all matters regarding the WLD Scholarship Program within the designated province;
10. Organizing and facilitating orientation workshops, award ceremonies, provincial retreats, and networking events for the scholarship recipients in the relevant Province.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong skills in training facilitation for mixed ability audiences of diverse backgrounds;
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of current trends primary and secondary education of Afghanistan;
• Demonstrated experience with gender mainstreaming and integration in Afghan context;
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster a supportive working relationship among all staff;
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word; and
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English. Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word.
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English; and
• Ability to travel freely in the relevant Provinces.
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in education, administration, or similar field;
• A minimum 5 years of working experience in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred;
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Bachelors Degree, Education
Subject line must be:Provincial Scholarship Coordinator JALALABAD- WLD 0101
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Student & Registration Officer at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|IELTS Instructor at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior National Islamic Scholar Specialist. at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|(Intermediary Services) and Scholarships Mana.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-Jalalabad at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership ..||Nangarhar||24 Nov 2017|
|Primary School Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-KANDAHAR at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership D..||Kandahar||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-Mazar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Balkh||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Herat||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-kabul at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|معلم دری at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-JAL.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Nangarhar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-Bal.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant -HE.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator - Balkh at Tetra Tech -Women's Leaders..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator -Kandahar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leade..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadershi..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Training Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Royesh Program Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Royesh Program Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Graphic Designer and Photographer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken Eng..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|