Design Centre Manager(586 Views)
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain (TM) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. It provides jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan women and men. Turquoise Mountain is registered as an NGO with the Government of Afghanistan’s Ministry of Economy. It is also a registered charity in the United Kingdom.
Turquoise Mountain is embarking on a three-year cultural protection project with the support of the British Council. This project will preserve and protect tangible built heritage and intangible craft skills in the last intact historic neighbourhood of Kabul. It will train hundreds of volunteers, artisans, builders, architects, engineers, cultural heritage managers, and government officials so that they are better able to preserve and protect their heritage. It will raise the profile of Afghan cultural heritage domestically and internationally, reaching hundreds of thousands of people. Finally it will nurture creative entrepreneurs who will ensure the sustainability of the project’s gains.
|Date Posted:||01 Nov 2017||Reference:||TM-01-11|
|Closing Date:||18 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Designer||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the Design Centre in Kabul (financially and operationally)
• Coordinate the organisation of the Design Centre exhibition and lecture programme
• Support the Communications team in providing updates to donors and the public on the activities of the Centre and our students and artisans
In coordination with the Turquoise Mountain Institute:
• Collaborate with the Design Centre Advisor for the development of the Design Curriculum
• Implement the the Design Curriculum
• Teach foundation Design courses
• Organise Design Masterclasses both for TMI students and external participants
• Manage the ceramic program staff
In coordination with Business Development office and the Creative Director of TMT internationally:
• Coordinate, in collaboration with the Business Development Department, the international designers’ residency programme
• Coordinate the international designers mentorship programme
• Provide design services for supported businesses, this includes:
Working with the artisans in the different crafts to develop new products that are saleable in international markets; reviewing the artisans’ designs and samples and giving constructive feedback; advising on branding including logos, business cards and display ideas
• Develop a consistent style that matches the Turquoise Mountain brand for all crafts especially jewellery
• Take into account global trends in the designs for all products
• Design displays for international events (for all crafts)
• Attend international trade shows and events as a design representative and face of Turquoise Mountain
• A thorough knowledge of Design theory and practice
• Teaching ability and passion
• Managerial and administrative skills
• A good disposition towards collaboration and teamwork
• Fluent in English or Dari, and a working level of the other is a significant advantage
An internationally recognized degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or Fine Art with a Design major (not in Graphic Design) and / or at least five years of practical experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Designer
Candidates should submit their covering letter and C.V. to: by November 11, 2017.
In the subject line of the e-mail, please include - Design Centre Manager + last name. Please combine covering letter and C.V. as one pdf document.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!