Project Officer – English for Afghans Project(3379 Views)
About British Council Afghanistan
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 100 countries. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements.
To give a range of administrative, logistical and project management support, in line with agreed procedures and standards to the satisfaction of customers and management.
Plays a role in upholding a culture of cooperation and collaboration by delivering customer focused support to the project team.
|Date Posted:||12 Nov 2017||Reference:||0035|
|Closing Date:||26 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||3 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To support the design, development, delivery, administration, technical supervision and promotion of English for Afghans projects and events
• To ensure arrangements for events, visits, workshops and consultancies (including transportation, accommodation and appointments) are carried out efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
• All financial matters (planning, budget estimates, quotations, payments requests, commitments, expenditure records, cash flow forecasts etc) are maintained and submitted in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with British Council systems.
• All correspondence and enquiries relevant to project are answered promptly within the standard time limit
• Visits or phone communication with all key contact institutions/individuals, master trainers and English teachers takes place on regular basis.
• Regular and active participation in cross departmental office meetings and training sessions
• Manage British Council records for English for Afghans project (inc file set-up and archiving)
• Confidence in processing correspondence and liaising with government departments as required
• Support and oversee delivery of programme as per corporate policies and standards, including Corporate Customer Service Standards, British Council Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) policies & practice, Child Protection & Data Protection requirements
• Perform SAP related duties in support of programme activities
Communications Skills, Project and Contract Management, Marketing and Customer Service and Person Specification
Baccalaureate is Essential, Bachelor Degree is Desirable
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
All applications must be made using the British Council application form. Obtain the Application from our website https://www.britishcouncil.af/about/jobs
Further details of the posts can be obtained from the same address.
Please note that application is by this form only. We WILL NOT accept CVs.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the mentioned posts.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
|More jobs in this category|
|General Services Clerk at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer - اداری at Voice of Humanitarian Coordinatio..||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|