Construction and Monitoring Engineers(1694 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Afghanistan Agriculture Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality
The Construction Monitoring Engineer will report to the M&E Coordinator. The Construction Monitoring Engineer will submit weekly, biweekly and monthly reports on all activities carried out as part of this assignment and will also prepare other reports as and when required by the AAIP head office.
|Date Posted:||12 Nov 2017||Reference:||139/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||25 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor Vertical & Irrigation structures’ Construction Quality Assurance (QA) and responsible for contractor’s activities on site ensuring that wok is according to contract, scope, drawing and specifications, and they meet the high standards provided by AAIP..
• Ensure that contractors comply with the approved drawings and layouts.
• Review existing practice by contractors and make recommendations, where remedial action is required, that will improve safety, quality and save time in all new and reconstruction programs undertaken by AAIP.
• Ensure that all safety measures are taken in to consideration and applied at site.
• Ensure that the project is completed within time and recommend best practices if the progress is behind schedule.
• Prepare variation form for change order as per site requirements.
• Preparing punch list of completed works, and monitor remedial works on defects. Will also suggest where needed alternate method of work, keeping in view time and budget.
• Make sure that the measurement of actual work is done at construction site.
• Facilitate AAIP Payment Certificate as per actual works done at site.
• Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the AAIP office
• Recommendation of solutions to quality problems and control of further processing, delivery, installation or use until proper disposition of non-conformance or unsatisfactory works.
• Confer with senior engineer the design and conduct research to determine project. Requirements/ scope of work.
• He/she will visit to site project as per AAIP M&E plan for monitoring and data collection
• Performe any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the AAIP Head office or M&E coordinator
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good knowledge of quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity;
• Experience in conducting relevant QA/QC tests i.e. tests on soil, aggregates, concrete, preparation of job mix formulas and concrete mix etc.
• Proven ability to produce technical guidelines and specification;
• Knowledge and ability to apply computer application to include MS Office, internet
• Discretion and sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve day-to-day issues;
• Ability to prepare reports and documents in English.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Qualifications-Minimum Requirements & Documents:
1) Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree in engineering or related fields is essential.
b. Work Experience and Computer Skills:
1) Minimum 3 years of work experience of QC or construction monitoring with Governmental, national or international organization/projects
3) Computer skills in Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Project and AUTO CAD 2D, 3D, ETABS,
STAAD Pro. , Civil 3D, Total Station are an advantage.
4) Fluency in oral and written English, Dari and Pashto.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Send CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Our Address is: Jamal Mina, Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan or send us your CVs in soft to belo email:
Job Location: Kabul (Traveling to all provinces)
Note: *No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter , the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|