Training Specialist(622 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
Under the overall supervision of the Team Lead for component 2 and in close consultation and coordination with project Manager (OFWMP), the Training specialist will be responsible for identification of training needs, and designing, developing and organizing all necessary training and capacity building plans for component 2 of the project to ensure desired capacity building for farmers and provincial and district level agriculture extension staff in consultation with other project staff. The specific responsibility of the Training specialist would include but not limited to the followings.
|Date Posted:||12 Nov 2017||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/116|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
. Develop and design specific methods to assess and identify the specific training needs of provincial and district extension staff in consultation with the other project staff, especially agriculture advisors and IPM specialist.
2. Compile all the training needs and develop a comprehensive training and capacity building plan for component 2 under the guidance of the Team leader and in close consultation with other project staff
3. Identify necessary trainers and consultants to develop training curricula and outlines for the planned courses and organize the trainings on time in close consultation with other project staff and the Provincial Heads Agriculture Extension.
4. Design and develop appropriate evaluation methods for all the training courses to assess the success and areas for improvement for the next training courses in close consultation with the agriculture advisors and IPM specialist
5. Prepare training budget and follow up on the delivery of training budget to ensure timely payments of all costs associated with trainings
6. Prepare curriculums for farmer based training especially for FFS and other trainings to be organized at demonstration sites in close consultation and support from the agriculture advisors and IPM expert, based on the review of available materials from IPM and NHL projects.
7. Organize regular field visits to observe the progress of demo/FFS plots and assess the performance of district and provincial extension staff to identify their further needs for training and capacity building.
8. Prepare reports for all training courses with inputs from other project staff and share the reports with various stakeholders including the Head of DGEAD and the members of the Project Management Unit (PMU)
9. Participate in review activities of demo and FFS plots and other review workshops organized by the project to review existing training plans.
10. Establish regular working relationships and networks with staff from other relevant projects and programs especially IPM and NHLP for sharing and learning on various training activities to improve the project training activities.
11. To perform other duties as assigned
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Bachelor degree in Agriculture
At least 5 years of work experience in related fields
Experience of conducting trainings in the field of agriculture;
Good communication in English, Dari and Pashto languages;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be ( MAIL/OFWMP/116 )
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!