About Samuel Hall
Samuel Hall is an independent think tank providing research and strategic services, expert analysis, tailored counsel and access to local knowledge for a diverse array of actors operating in the world’s most challenging environments.
Through a combination of our rigorous approach, experienced staff and vast network, we have successfully accessed complex settings for organisations seeking to accurately gather data and have a positive impact amongst communities. Using our academic background, we bring innovative and game changing insights along with practical solutions to a variety of social, economic and political issues.
Samuel Hall has offices in Afghanistan, Kenya and Somalia, and a presence in France, Germany, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates. We have worked with more than sixty-five organizations in Central & South Asia, East & Southern Africa and the Middle East.
For more information, please visit www.samuelhall.org
Samuel Hall is seeking an experienced and professional National Researcher to join its team for a full-time position based in our Kabul office. The responsibilities of the National Researcher are:
Objective 1 – Research
• Assume all responsibilities of the project cycle from A to Z, with the assistance, support and overall guidance of the Project Manager
• Design research methodologies and tools
• Conduct secondary research, literature reviews and key informant interviews
• Conduct fieldwork in Kabul and at times in other provinces, depending on security and prior decision
• Manage fieldwork logistics
• Analyse data, transcribe notes, write reports and present at client meetings
• Occasionally translate research tools such as questionnaires, focus group discussion guidelines, interview guidelines, training documents, presentations, authorization letters, field interviews, field notes, executive summaries, reports and briefings
• Cover various topics and themes, including public and private sector research, humanitarian and development evaluations and studies on education, migration, marginalized communities, gender, labour, market assessments, protection, rule of law, etc.
• Provide the above services in both written and spoken English and Dari; knowledge of Pashto is an asset
Objective 2 – Problem Solving and Management
• Review past translations and documents from other team members and provide feedback in order to improve the quality of the work when needed
• Identify gaps and propose solutions regarding tool design, data collection and analysis
• Supervise qualitative data collection efforts when needed and manage several enumerators
• Devise potential tests and training materials for national applicants
• Keep an updated database of relevant national contacts
• Keep a strong and professional relationship with the Project Manager throughout the project cycle
• Be proactive and propose innovative ideas for the improvement of research cycle and office procedures related to research tasks
|Date Posted:||12 Nov 2017||Reference:||002|
|Closing Date:||25 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants will need to possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and transferable skills:
• Advanced university degree with a minimum of four years of higher education
• Complete written and oral fluency in English and Dari; Pashto is an asset
• Exceptional English writing skills
• Effective communication skills and prompt turnaround for all official correspondences
• Proven experience working in research in Afghanistan and on at least one of our areas of thematic expertise
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to adapt and work well within a team
• Ability to cope well under pressure, work occasionally irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
Preferred Background Literature, political science, journalism, economics, jurisprudence
Minimum Qualifications Advanced university degree with a minimum of four years of higher education
Afghanistan - Kabul
All applicants should send their cover letter and CV in separate PDF files, each labelled: “CL/CV – Full name of Applicant” with the e-mail subject line clearly expressed, using the following format: “Name – Position of Interest”. Two writing samples in English and three valid references also need to be submitted.
Samuel Hall is an equal opportunities employer. Applications who do not follow the required format will not be considered. Only selected applicants will be notified.
women are encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!