IT Services Manager(1216 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The IT Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as IT Services Manager based in Kabul.
To supervise the support team, schedule work and assist in troubleshooting. The IT Services Manager shall also take part in planning, evaluation and problem resolution.
The IT Services Manger shall ensure the smooth running of workflow and daily operations of IT Support Team. The IT Services Manager shall ensure that client’s expectations are met and quality services are provided. Having good communications is the fundamental requirement of the IT Support Team and it is the Manager’s responsibility to make sure that all IT related problems are resolved and communicated back with the respective department member on time. The IT Services Manager shall preserve excellent management skills and shall manage the IT support Team in such way that the IT problems are solved in timely manner, targets are met and client satisfaction are obtained.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||27 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Services Manager’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• To efficiently allocate incoming support requests to the team, prioritizing actions and monitor team resource so that reliable support is provided within an acceptable period of time
• Supervise inquiries for warranty repairs, equipment repair, parts replacement, software upgrades, installations and configurations
• To identify and highlight best practices in support services through continuous assessment, and evaluation process and recommendations from students, staff and faculty to the Director of IT
• Support services shall be provided from 8:00AM to 8:00PM Saturday through Thursday and it is the responsibility of the Support Manager to manage the team in such way that the support office remains open during the mentioned hours and IT personnel is available at the office to provide support services
• In order to provide state of the art services, all calls coming to IT support number shall be attended by the IT Services Manager. The number shall be accessible 24/7
• Troubleshoot personally IT related problems that require urgent attention and high skills
• Troubleshoot personally IT related problems communicated by the Senior Management of AUAF and make sure their satisfaction is obtained
• Shall have system and network skills to be able to identify the problem source and reduce the time of troubleshooting
• To communicate and be the focal point for Support Services – for both the IT support team and those who requests support
• To work in close collaboration with Infrastructure Team and Database/Web services Team to address IT related problems
• Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term
• Produce weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports of daily activities of IT support team, request made for support, IT services provided and problems resolved to the IT Director
• Conduct performance appraisals for the team, identify weaknesses and offer coaching and mentoring in areas where required
• To suggest new additions to the infrastructure that will improve the quality of IT services
• Any other duties assigned by the Director of Information Technology
• The incumbent shall be fluent in Dari, Pashto and English
• Shall have strong communication and problem solving skills
• Shall have strong skills to work under pressure
• Shall have strong multi-tasking skills
• Shall be flexible to stay in the office beyond the office hours when and if required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor in Computer Science or Information Technology, Master’s degree in the relevant field is preferred
• Shall have at least 5 Years of relevant experience
• Shall be CCNA, CCNP, MCSE Certified
• ITIL certification is a plus point
• Shall have practical experience with Cyberoam firewall
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “IT Services Manager” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before November 27th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Java Developer at Yama Ramin Media Production||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|IT Assistant at CARD-F||Kabul||06 Feb 2018|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|