ICDL/Computer literacy Instructor(377 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI) offers a broad range of training and education courses throughout Afghanistan to private business, non-profit agencies, NGOs, and governments. The Institute draws on the expertise of the world-class faculty at the American University of Afghanistan and others to provide courses custom tailored to specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrollment basis. This expertise includes English language, business administration and management, public administration, and information technology.
The AUAF PDI department is seeking a qualified candidate for a part-time position as ICDL/Computer literacy Instructor based in Kabul.
The ICDL/Computer Literacy instructor will report to IT unit manager and is responsible for the successful delivery of IT unit programs/classes in Kabul– Professional Development Institute. The Institute provides executive education and professional development training. It works in close alliance with AUAF academic units to provide high-quality services that advance the University’s mission and public image, and to provide the University and its supporters with more visibility and an enhanced reputation for leadership in the establishment of international best practices in commerce, IT, economic development, education, and other areas within Afghanistan and the region.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||27 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||6 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Instructor will teach 15 contact hours per week in IT Unit.
• The Instructor will teach ICDL/Computer literacy, consisting computer essentials, Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and online essentials.
• Lessons are delivered according to the PDI schedule and are purposefully planned and managed in accordance with the course objectives, class needs and quality standards.
• Teaching materials produced to adapt and supplement the course are appropriate to students’ needs and expectations.
• Students are assessed according to IT Unit policy.
• Homework is set and marked in a timely manner.
• The Instructor undertakes to arrive in good time for classes (at least 15 minutes before class).
• The Instructor is responsible for presenting a professional image in appearance and demeanor.
• Class records (including attendance) are kept in hard and soft copy. Enough detail should be given to enable a substitute teacher to take over the class.
• Any other relevant duty assigned by IT Unit Manager.
• Having a bachelor degree in Computer Science / IT.
• Excellent skills in verbal communication.
• At least have 1-year teaching experience.
• English, Dari and Pashto languages fluency.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience organizing/executing tasks and objectives.
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences.
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve the result.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “ICDL/Computer Literacy Instructor” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before Nov 27th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in the PDI-AUAF campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Microsoft Project Training Specialist at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||23 Nov 2017|
|Information Technicality (IT) Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|(کارشناس ارشد (انکشاف سیس.. at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) at American University of Afg..||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Network System Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Software Engineering unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Network unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|PDI IT Unit Assistant and Instructor at American University of Afghanista..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Services Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Workshop Assistant (Bakhtar Bank Head Offi.. at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Workshop Engineer (Bakhtar Bank Head Office) at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Knowledge Management Platform (KMP) Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Lead..||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|IT Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Aptech Afghanistan require Windows Server and.. at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|تکنیشن کمره امنیتی CCTV came.. at East Power Engineering..||Kabul||30 Dec 2017|