M&E Assistant(1083 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the direction of the M&E Manager, The Assistant will support WLD M&E Manager in Monitoring of Jawana & Royesh courses, data entry of M&E forms, providing administrative support, filling and any other task assigned by supervisor.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD - 0108|
|Closing Date:||22 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Tasks
1. Collection, compilation, checking, organization and entry of qualitative and quantitative data into spreadsheets, online data collection system, and Online Databases (i.e., SharePoint, KMP, ePORT, etc.);
2. Verification and compilation of data, reports and supporting documents submitted by implementing partners and service providers, and file them appropriately.
3. Assist in preparation for the quarterly data quality assessments and reports.
4. Translation of data and documents from English to Dari and Pashtu languages and vice versa.
5. Conduct M&E post evaluations, focus group discussions, and interview participants/participant families on periodic basis or as required.
6. Conduct monitoring visits to field including training events, assessment efforts, upgrading and formalization work and other project activities and report back findings, recommendations and lessons to the M&E Manager.
7. Assist the unit in organizing internal and external meetings, focus group discussions, key informant interviews and other such sessions.
8. Assist the unit in carrying out necessary reviews for selected project activities, sub-grants and sub- contracts. This could include data collection, data entry and data analysis as and when necessary.
9. Assist team in collecting all necessary verification documents including activity/progress reports, attendance sheets, photographs and minutes of important meetings from relevant project staff when needed.
10. Assist and maintain the M&E filing system regularly and report deficiencies to the M&E Manager accordingly. This includes, but is not limited to, updating the filing system with project reports to USAID and other stakeholders; M&E field reports and all necessary files.
11. Assist the unit with data analysis and data quality assessment and assurance as and when required.
12. Any other task reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities, limitations and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect. This post will be based in Kabul office with occasional travel to provincial offices.
The M&E Assistant will report directly to M&E Manager. Reporting may change according to project needs.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated interest in program implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and research in the development sector.
• Ability to monitor activity progress, collect, process, and analyze data from different data sources;
• Ability to quickly collect and compile information, and prepare the datasets in various formats;
• Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Office Suites and Online Databases or applications.
• Fluency in Dari, Pashtu and English (written and spoken) is required;
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Literature, Economic, Finance, IT or in a related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of related experience in M&E Field, Administration or program for development at a senior level.
Women’s are highly encouraged to apply
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
Subject line must be: M&E Assistant WLD-0108
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Business Support Assistant (Booking) at United Nations-World Food Program..||Kabul||04 Feb 2018|
|تحویلدار at DABS||Kabul||30 Jan 2018|
|Internship at DACAAR||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Country Director at Afghan Knowledge Solution||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|GENERAL LABOURER at Resolute Support||Kabul||09 Feb 2018|
|Gender Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|