About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Facility Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as Plumber based in Kabul.
Responsible for daily maintenance of plumbing systems across AUAF facilities
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||27 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Plumber duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The plumber will be responsible for maintenance and repairing of the plumbing system across all AUAF facilities.
• Makes sure the water supply and waste water systems are maintained and are functioning properly across all AUAF facilities.
• Works closely with Senior Maintenance Assistant.
• Actively develops professional skills.
• Installs the new water supply and sanitary fittings at the required facilities.
• To obey the rules and regulations of AUAF.
• To have experience in operating, repair and maintenance of the following systems will be a plus:
• Fire Alarm System
• Fire Sprinkler system
• Central heating system.
• Ventilation system.
• Performs any other relevant duties as assigned by AUAF.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school graduate.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position, preferably with an international organization.
• Fluent in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds
• To have some knowledge of central heating systems, service, and repairing would be an advantage.
• To have the capability of fixing the water supply and sanitary fittings and systems.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Plumber” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before November 27th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Surveyor/Distributer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Ser..||Badghis||30 Oct 2018|
|(معاون تحویلدار (ننگرهار at DABS||Nangarhar||31 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس امور تنظیمی at National Medicine and Healthcare ..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس آګاهی عامه at National Medicine and Healthcare Pr..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس تعین قیمت ها at National Medicine and Healthcare..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator (Balkh) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Balkh||25 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیریت تحویخانه (.. at DABS||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Engineering, Construction and manufacturing||Kabul||09 Nov 2018|
|Outreach Coordinator/ Herat at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||23 Oct 2018|
|Liaison Officer at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|