Fault Management Engineer(1984 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation was incorporated in 24 September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Accordingly, Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, keeping pace with the emerging technologies in the telecommunications sector and satisfying the customer's needs. Afghan Telecom Corporation understands that the world is changing very fast & rapid and telecommunication is the only medium which can adapt to the changing times. Afghan Telecom is the pioneer in implementing new telecommunication services in Afghanistan & a leader in the Afghanistan telecommunication market. The role & use of telecommunications is significant for the development of the people & the country. Believing in the importance of its customers and fulfillment of their needs, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects & modus - operandi. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level, a number of Functional Departments and Four Key Business development & Sales Units focused on the Key Afghan Telecom Customer Categories & sale points which are:
1. Teleshops sale points
2. Key Account - Corporate sale points
3. Individual sale points
4. Dealers sale points
In the last two years, Afghan Telecom has gone beyond its local borders to the international markets, forming a network of businesses to international carriers with the OFC backbone with the total project length 3,100 Km in Afghanistan. Currently interconnected with neighboring Countries Pakistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan with its National Optical Fiber and working to connect Turkmenistan in near future.
As the Afghan Telecom is a firm with the strong involvement of the government, the strategic aim is to create a viable business organization able to make profits and operate as a corporate entity. In order to have predicted achievement of Afghan Telecom targets, MCIT/Afghan Telecom is seeking for a qualified and experienced CEO.
a) Providing overall leadership and vision in developing, in concert with the Board of Directors, the Company's vision, strategic direction, the Company’s values and business plans necessary to realize corporate objectives.
b) Review the financial and operational conditions of the AFTEL, maintain profitable operation and implement viable alternatives for cost effective operations.
Responsible for the delivery of Fault management duties as part of a shift team delivering 24/7 Centralized Fault Management functions for Aftel Wireless Business Unit. Applicable to Aftel Mobile Network excluding Fibre Optic/SDH/PDH backbone Network, all power systems and IT support systems.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||309|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Telecom/Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports Ongoing FM Development plans
• Responsible for carrying out FM services in accordance with Aftel policies and procedures
• Responsible for FM Service Delivery SLAs/KPIs
• Responsible for FM Shift activity monitoring
• Responsible for FM Incident reporting
• Follows FM shift processes and procedures
• Monitors 3rd Party Management FM SLA’s (where applicable)
• Interface to FM in-scope subcontractors & 3rd parties for active network events
• Ensures technical Escalations to Delivery SLA criteria
• Adherence to FM shift rotas
• Responsible (during shift hours) for status of active faults in the wireless network from alarm notification to closure
• Responsible for shift activities to Aftel wireless O&M procedures
The deliverables expected are:
• 24/7 Fault Management
- Centralized Alarm Surveillance
- Fault Localization
- Fault correction
- Verification testing
- Trouble administration
- Problem Management
Required Competency levels:
1. Mobile Network Operations & Maintenance Business understanding
2. Operations & Maintenance Delivery Functions Modeling
3. Network Operations & Maintenance Management
4. Network Operations Center Management
5. Field Operations Management
8. Project Management
9. eTOM Network Operator Business Processes
10. Technical Competence in Technology deployed
11. PC Literacy
12. English Language (Spoken & Written)
Bachelor degree in Telecommunication/ Electrical Engineering
Minimum 3 year GSM or Mobile Telecommunications Fault management experience
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Telecom/Engineering
Afghan Telecom corporate office
4th Floor Post Parcel Building
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt, Kabul Afghanistan.
1. Applications will be reviewed thoroughly and only those candidates will be contacted for interviews whose qualifications meet the requirement of the job.
2. Short listed candidates are normally contacted within a week after the deadline for applications.
3. Applicants should have at least two references of the supervisors/co-workers, with whom they have worked.
4. Afghan Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and applications are reviewed based on merits and without regard to applicants race, ethnicity, beliefs, age, gender, marital status and physical or mental disability.
5. In the subject line please mention the vacancy number ,position and province
6. Please attach all your academic documents with work application form in the mentioned email address.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!