Senior Radiographer(406 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
To perform C.T/MRI exam as per prescribed standard of department and obtain radiography films of various positions of the patient as requested by referring physicians, ensuring safety procedures for themselves, patients and equipment, and performing related duties as advised by supervisor. Guide junior colleague in doing Procedure as well as proper handling /care of equipment
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||FMIC/HR/103|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be able to:
• Perform standard and especial x-ray procedures as requested by referring clinicians, also observing safety of procedures.
• Perform C.T/ MRI / Mammography procedures as per prescribed standard of the department.
• Assist patient in procedure rooms
• Follow safety procedure including radiation safety to patients & staff
• Properly log performed procedures and maintain statistic as require in register and keep in the X- Ray rooms.
• Guide junior colleague and take classes of trainee radiographers.
• Adjust contrast of the films in computer to make it read for print and check quality as required.
• Monitoring of attendance and punctuality of junior staff and the trainee as assigned
• Schedule patients for procedures as and when required.
• Maintain equipment by cleaning and making minor adjustments and report to supervisor in case of any fault or breakdown.
• Perform quality check.
• Change the radiation dose monitoring device on monthly basis or as advised by radiation protection committee
• Participate in quality assurance activities
• Assist Technical supervisor in conducting audits and other quality related activities
• Prepare reports of procedure performed as advise by supervisor
• Any other task assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Knowledge of judging film quality, patient positioning, film developing, supplies handling and general record keeping
• Good working knowledge of technical X-Ray and operation of the related equipment
• Diploma of the Radiologic Technology Course from a recognized institute (3years)
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|Provincial CBHC Coordinator parwan & panjshir at Ministry of Public Healt..||Multi Cities||03 Feb 2018|
|Postgraduate Medical Education Residency Prog.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|سال 2018 (FMIC) اکمال تخصص در .. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|Technical Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Program Officer CBM-Health at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Jan 2018|
|Gender Officer for emergency project at World Health Organization||Kabul||30 Jan 2018|
|Private Sector FP/MNH Implementation Advisor at Futures Group Global Outr..||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|MEDICAL DOCTOR (MALE ONLY) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||10 Feb 2018|
|فارمسست at 786 Pharmacy||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Translator / Foreign Doctors Assistant (FEMAL.. at DK - German Medical Di..||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|