Contracts Management Specialist(211 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
The Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received funds for AAIP/MAIL. The objective of the Project is strengthening institutional capacity for safety and reliability of agricultural inputs and sustainable production of certified wheat seed. The project will deliver a variety of interventions in the agricultural inputs sector. First, the project will increase production of certified seeds and develop local capacity for continued development of the seed industry. Second, it will develop accredited facilities and regulatory frameworks for safety and quality control of inputs. Third, the project will implement capacity building programs that will contribute to appropriate handling, storage and use of fertilizers and other agro-chemicals. Fourth, the project will design and operationalize a demand-led action plan to improve and develop market based input delivery systems for seeds, fertilizers, other agro-chemicals, and farm machinery & equipment. The main focus will be on wheat (the major staple crop) but industrial crops, vegetable crops and perennial horticulture crops will also be included in project activities.
In order to carry out various procurement activities related to project, the Procurement department of AAIP under the MAIL is looking for an individual Contract Management Specialist (CMS) for duration of one year. The CMS will be responsible for overall contract management activities of the project and will assist the Department of Procurement in setting up and strengthening the procurement/contract management system for the effective implementation of the Project. The Contract Management Specialist (CMS) will be responsible for all contract management related activities and will report to the Director of AAIP.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||098/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||26 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the director the CMS will report, the Contract Management Specialist will carry out following task, but not limited to:
• Design and implement a system for the effective management of all contracts entered by the Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation, and Livestock utilizing AAIP funds. This system is to include all goods, works, non-consultancy and consultancy contracts in under the project.
• Review all contractual files for procurement requiring prior review (i.e. World Bank’s no-objection-letters (NOLs) and/or Government of Afghanistan’s National Procurement Committee’s (NPC’s) approvals and ensure such files are documented both in hard and soft copies in an easily-referenced, central system.
• Capacity building and training of project staff, especially civil servants, on effective contract management policy and procedures.
• Maintain all documentation, work schedules and correspondence between PIU and Contractor;
• Ensure timely issuance of notice to Contractors;
• Ensure that Variation Order (VO) and/or Change Orders are issued in a timely manner;
• Ensure that construction schedules are regularly monitored;
• Issue periodic notice to the contractor in cases where the performance progress is not in line with the schedule agreed to in the contract and advise the Employer and the Engineer regarding poor performance;
• Ensure the contractor has deployed the requisite machinery and manpower as required in the bid documents and the contracts;
• Ensure that time extension are issued before the contractual completion dates;
• Advise the Engineer and Employer when to apply Liquidated damages;
• Issue timely notice for Liquidated Damage (LD) where they arise;
• Keep a separate file for each contract from issuance of NIB to final payment;
• Maintain a database of geo-referenced photographs of work progress from start to completion;
• Maintain all quality control reports for each contract including OK cards;
• Maintain physical and financial progress of each contract;
• Prepare an inventory of Contractor; and
• Hold workshops with Contractors on performance improvement, etc
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability in computer operation with experience of working independently;
• Must possess excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
• A bachelor’s degree in business administration, development studies, project management, or a related field from a recognized university is required. A master’s degree in any of the stated fields is preferred. Specific academic training/education on contracts management will be considered a definite advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years of direct experience in contracts management of large organizations/ programmes. At least 2 years’ experience in senior management in organizations/ programmes. with multiple contractual partners is essential.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Send update CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mena, Kabul Afghanistan Or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Do not attach recommendation and Education documents; these will be required only in interview stage.
*Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without cover letter, the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
*Only selected candidates will be called for interview. All applications will be checked and validated against the above mentioned requirements. Any un-matching CV will be automatically rejected.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hospital Procurement Senior Advisor at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Procurement Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Procurement Clerk at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Store Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||18 Nov 2017|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|