Jawana Participants Recruitment Officer(1290 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Participants Recruitment Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the selection process of participants in JAWANA classes are going as per stander system in WLD. This will involve the establishment of participant selection committee from different entities, developing processes that enable ongoing communication and collaboration among Participant Selection Committee, each of whom have separate but essential roles to play in selection of eligible participants. While working with the WLD staff and management, Recruitment Officer will contribute also to M&E, communications, operations, and programming functions and assume responsibility for the following activities:
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD - 0109|
|Closing Date:||22 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, organize, and facilitates the Participants recruitment program;
• Establish and manage the Participants Selection Committee;
• Plan and conduct awareness session regarding JAWANA programs in Kabul;
• Mange the application collection process and the applicant’s data base;
• Manage the filling system of all applicants;
• Coordinate the application process with all WLD stakeholders which includes, Departments of Women’s Affairs, Department of Education, Afghan Women’s Education Center (AWEC);
• Submit weekly report of program activities, accomplishments, and challenges encountered and overcome to Kabul Office;
• In collaboration with WLD partners, identify the best and successful project participants for each grantee;
• Evaluate student/participants capacity after each training through random selection of students and through trainers;
• Any other activity assigned by supervisor related to the project activities.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
The Recruitment Officer will report directly to Senior Focal point or his/her delegate and work in close coordination with Training Specialist, Afghan women’s Education Center, as needed. Direct reporting may change according to project needs.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to visualize the WLD program as a whole as well as its separate, specific parts, knowing what each partner is responsible for contributing to the program’s overall success and facilitating linkages;
• Demonstrated experience working in a capacity building position with an NGO, training provider institution, university, or international organizations;
• Experience with USG project implementation and USG rules and regulations, especially USAID.
• Demonstrates experience on women’s rights, empowerment, and gender integration programs in Afghanistan.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Proficient Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word
• Language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) education, public administration, gender, or related field, or similar field (relevant experience and/or another university degree may substitute for degrees mentioned).
• 4 years of experience in a similar position. Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Women’s are highly encouraged to apply
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, General
Subject line must be: Jawana Participants Recruitment Officer WLD-0109
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Community Mobilizer/Food Distributer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and..||Ghowr||20 Oct 2018|
|Project Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services..||Ghowr||20 Oct 2018|
|(معاون تحویلدار (ننگرهار at DABS||Nangarhar||31 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس امور تنظیمی at National Medicine and Healthcare ..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس آګاهی عامه at National Medicine and Healthcare Pr..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس تعین قیمت ها at National Medicine and Healthcare..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator (Balkh) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Balkh||25 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیریت تحویخانه (.. at DABS||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Engineering, Construction and manufacturing||Kabul||09 Nov 2018|
|Outreach Coordinator/ Herat at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||23 Oct 2018|
|صفا کارسب ستیشن امارات at DABS||Kabul||22 Oct 2018|
|Liaison Officer at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|