Head of Network unit(766 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) of Afghanistan is to facilitate and pave the way for Mobile Network Operators to provide high Quality Communication, IT Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been actively Advocating for a positive change in the society by connecting the Afghan people to knowledge and resources, which will enable them to improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
Based on the Afghan Government Telecom Service Fee law, all telecom services are subject to 10% service fee. In order to implement the law MOF, MCIT and ATRA have been assigned the task to establish a Real Time Data Management System for the purpose of transparency in controlling the 10% Service Fee deduction and collection throughout the countryand to report ICT sector revenue.
The System should have online interface with all operators to get the VC recharge/any recharge message from Operators Billing, Core,VAS systems whenever subscriber do top-up or recharge then operators systems should also send online message to RTDM /RA System.
The head of network & System engineer will work in collaboration with the Network Engineers to design and implement Microwave links, connecting RTDMS/AR system with MNOs billing system and network elements. He/Shewill be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure within RTDMS/RA ecosystem.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||MCIT - NTA - 001|
|Closing Date:||22 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overseeing the RTDMS network design and implementation, Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
• Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with ICT Advisor on network optimization
• Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
• The support and administration of firewall environments
• Configuration of network devices (Cisco ASR, Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA)
• Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
• Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
• Microsoft Windows Server installation and configuration
• Windows Clustering and design
• Configuration of routing and switching equipment
• Configuration of hosted IP voice services, VOIP and open source software
• Configuration of firewalls for VPN access and traffic inspections
• Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
• Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues which can occur upon initial installation
• Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers
• Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture, provide technical support and manage remotely
3. Minimum CCNA, CCNP in routing & switching
4. Strong experience in configuring network & devices required
5. Strong experience in VOIP infrastructure - A Plus
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Excellent problem-solving skills
8. Ability to work as a team member and independently
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
2. 4-5 years of experience in designing and implementing network infrastructure
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
CVs with cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICLY. Please include position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Please note that, all RTDMS/RA staff will sign the Guideline and procedure developed for working with the RTDMS/RA system and must follow the procedure.
|More jobs in this category|
|Java Developer at Yama Ramin Media Production||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|IT Assistant at CARD-F||Kabul||06 Feb 2018|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|