Head of Software Engineering unit(564 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) of Afghanistan is to facilitate and pave the way for Mobile Network Operators to provide high Quality Communication, IT Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been actively Advocating for a positive change in the society by connecting the Afghan people to knowledge and resources, which will enable them to improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
Based on the Afghan Government Telecom Service Fee law, all telecom services are subject to 10% service fee. In order to implement the law MOF, MCIT and ATRA have been assigned the task to establish a Real Time Data Management System for the purpose of transparency in controlling the 10% Service Fee deduction and collection throughout the countryand to report ICT sector revenue.
The System should have online interface with all operators to get the VC recharge/any recharge message from Operators Billing, Core,VAS systems whenever subscriber do top-up or recharge then operators systems should also send online message to RTDM /RA System.
Overseeing the process of software development. Preparing plan, assigning tasks fordesigners, architects and developers. If required participating at the process of software development. Guiding, coaching developers and designers to achieve the expected outcome.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||MCIT – NTA - 002|
|Closing Date:||22 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, head of software engineering unite will:
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel
• Determine system performance standards.
3. Deep technical knowledge of enterprise systems engineering
4. Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
5. Experience with test-driven development
6. Technical coding skills with Python, C# asp.net, SQL server, Java, HTML5 and web technologies
1. Master Degree (MSc) in software engineering, computer science or related fields with solid foundation in software systems development, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and human centered design.
2. At least 8 years of professional work experience in software engineering.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
CVs with cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICLY. Please include position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Please note that, all RTDMS/RA staff will sign the Guideline and procedure developed for working with the RTDMS/RA system and must follow the procedure.
|More jobs in this category|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|کارمند دیتابیس منابع بشر.. at DABS||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Senior System Administrator at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|