Internal Audit Specialist(1272 Views)
About Ministry Of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019
The Project consists of the following parts:
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/101|
|Closing Date:||25 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting OFWMP and MAIL to define and implement effective internal control framework ;
- Conducting a periodic review of the control environment, system and procedures with suggestions on
- Verifying and establishing a system for periodic verification of development project assets;
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy, and application of accounting/ financial principles and
promoting effective control mechanism at reasonable cost;
- Reviewing of the adequacy, security and effectiveness of the financial management system (FMIS);
- Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established policies, plans, and procedures of the GOA including
those agreed under the credit/grant agreement.
- Ascertaining the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses, goods and services
have been procured in accordance with the credit/grant agreements and GOA, procurement guidelines,
- Verifying that credit/grant funds, both GOA and Donors have been provided and used in accordance with the relevant financing agreements and effectively used only for the purposes for which they were provided;
- Ascertaining the availability of supporting documents, records and accounts in respect of the program;
Appraising the quality of performance of those who are involved in implementing program activities
• Checking the financial reports and records are accurate and reliable.
• Verifying the financial transaction.
• Coordinating with the SAO to ensure timely initiation, well planned execution and completion of external audits as per standard time .
• Submit the draft report within agreed time.
• Quality & completeness of working papers.
• Gain an understanding of risk areas, their impacts and provide recommendations for overcoming the risk
• Measuring and checking of Financial, Procurement, Logistics and program documents according to
approved annual plan.
• Review petty cash management of OFWMP as per the MoF and WB petty cash guidelines
• Following up on the implementation of current and previous years, audit and observations and provide
• Review payments system like authorization of budget holder, procurement procedures and compliance of
• Review, discuss and report Financial Management issues to/with the Project Manager
• Planning and executing auditing in accordance with accepted standards and procedures of the government
of Afghanistan and the World Bank.
• Reporting field audit findings and making recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions and
• Preparing annual plan of Internal Audits and conducing audit accordingly.
• Managing the identification and evaluation of risks affecting the operations of the project.
• Review the process of preparation of project’s component IFRs, reconcile the quarterly IFRs submitted to
the World Bak with the accounting records and review the supporting documentation underlying the IFRs.
The figures reported in the IFRs shall reconcile with Annual Financial Statements (AFS) and accounting
• Perform the Biannual Internal Audit of the OFWMP/project and report the audit
• reports with the Internal Audit Directorate and World Bank.
• Prepare and follow a capacity building plan for the internal audit directorate of MAIL, and share the progress
with World Bank on quarterly basis.
• Work on the institutional development of MAIL internal audit directorate
• The Internal Audit will report to the MAIL Audit Director or Deputy Minister any serious weaknesses,
significant fraud or major accounting breakdown discovered during the normal course of audit work.
• To perform any other duties if required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Relevant Bachelor degree in (accounting, finance, and professional accountancy qualification is desirable) with CIA is preferred.
• At least Two year related working experience in Audit preferably Audit of World Bank projects and three years’ Experience in Finance Section
• Sound documentation and reporting skills, in English and Local language
• Demonstrated experience of leading and managing a team
• Excellent knowledge of computer MS Office
• Good communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English
• Team player
• Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
• Frequently visits to the field
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be ( MAIL/OFWMP/101)
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Officer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|