IT Assessment Consultant(1169 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is designed to help Afghanistan’s higher education professionals effectively manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of the Afghanistan Higher Education Project and other initiatives, the USWDP project will improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and up to 10 public universities to ensure quality education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. It will also assist in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
Information Technology Associate Degree
The Associate Degree in information Technology (IT) is a college-level degree program leading to an Associate of Science in Information Technology. The Ministry of Higher Education views associate degrees as university-level preparation for specific types of jobs in government and the private sector and for those who want to start their own businesses as independent entrepreneurs. The IT Associate Degree program is designed to equip students with specialized technical skills to meet the needs of the Afghan job market, specifically the demands of the business and technology sectors. This degree is not intended for pre-bachelor degree preparation but to enhance employability.
Brief description of position:
The Information Technology Assessment Consultant will be responsible to identify potential employers for IT graduates and conduct an assessment to identify the needs of technology in the target organizations as well as in the Afghan job market. The Consultant will receive necessary guidance on the design and the conduct of the assessment from an international expert who is based in Central Georgia Technical College (CGTC), USA. The international consultant will mainly provide the advice through emails and regular Skype calls. The IT Assessment Consultant is also responsible for crafting a comprehensive Assessment Report including the detailed findings and recommendations for the revision of IT program’s curriculum. The findings of the assessment are critical for reviewing the current curriculum of the IT Associate Degree program and make necessary changes based on the findings of the assessment. The position will be based in Kabul and work under the direct supervision of the Senior Manager for Associate Degrees.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||416|
|Closing Date:||19 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||15 Days|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review the curriculum and syllabi for the IT Associate Degree program to get a better understanding about the program.
• Review and finalize the draft survey tools for the assessment of the needs of technology sector with guidance from an international expert.
• Identify and select at least 20 potential companies and organizations where to conduct the assessment
• Identify and choose appropriate respondents including the representatives of companies and organizations as well as IT program graduates.
• Carryout the needs assessment surveys in the selected organizations and the IT program graduates in close coordination with the international expert.
• Collect, review, cross-check, and enter the survey data on a regular basis to ensure their integrity and accuracy.
• Design appropriate databases to store and analysis the survey data needed for the final assessment report.
• Conduct a one-day workshop to share and discuss the findings of the survey with the IT program’s coordinator and instructors to receive and incorporate their feedback and inputs in order to finalize the Assessment Report.
• Produce a Needs Assessment Report that should include detailed findings of the survey and comprehensive recommendations for the improvements of IT program, particularly its curriculum.
• And any other task that may assign by the Senior Manager for the AD.
V. Key deliverables
• Finalize survey tools and conduct at least 30 interviews
• Develop a Database for storing and analyzing the survey data
• Conduct a Workshop to discuss the study findings with IT instructors, Curriculum expert from the Partner College (CGTC), and USWDP Associate Degrees team, and to incorporate their comments. Conduct some follow up interviews, if needed.
• Produce a comprehensive Needs Assessment Report that includes detailed findings on the technological needs in the job market and detailed recommendations for the improvement of IT program’s curriculum
• Applicants should have at least Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field; preference will be given to Master’s degree
• At least two years of experience in conducting assessment or evaluation of programs in the businesses, technology, or other related field.
• Excellent skills both in quantitative and qualitative data analyses and interpretations.
• Good understanding of curriculum development and review preferably in IT field.
• Familiarity with local businesses and employers in the technology sector, and a good knowledge of the technology sector job market.
• Ability to conduct professional outreach to and engage with employers is essential.
• Knowledge of professional certification programs geared toward careers in technology.
• Familiarity with internship, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training programs is a plus.
• Must be very organized and capable of carrying out survey, data collection, data analysis and generating final assessment report.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Fluency (written and spoken) in English and two local languages (Pashto and Dari).
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver project milestones and production deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
1. Please include names and contact information for three references.
2. Please indicate the position title and vacancy number in the subject of the email
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
We thank all individuals for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|IT Assistant at CARD-F||Kabul||06 Feb 2018|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|