External Communications Specialist(271 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party -Technical (DCOP) and in close coordination and collaboration with technical and operations staff, the External Communications Specialist will provide major leadership in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the annual WLD Communications and Outreach Strategy and Plan. The External Communications Specialist will facilitate timely communication with USAID, implementing partners, project participants, and other external audiences to coordinate participant outreach, networking, and communications activities and disseminate program achievements (e.g., success stories).
This position is based in the WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan. It may include field travel to support program development, implementation, and evaluation activities in target program sites: Kabul, Herat, Mazar-i-Sharif, Jalalabad, and Kandahar, principally.
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD - 0110|
|Closing Date:||22 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Tasks
1. Work with WLD Field Office (FO) staff, Home Office (HO) staff, and USAID to develop and manage the WLD Communications and Outreach Strategy and Plan. Development occurs on an annual basis; monitoring is ongoing, and the Plan is updated as needed.
2. Work with USAID, GIRoA, WLD staff and partners, and local and international media outlets to coordinate dissemination of program achievements.
3. Manage all facets of the production of the outreach and recruitment packages used to recruit primary and secondary participants
4. Develop professional communications materials for external use, including talking points, success stories, progress reports, press releases, speeches, etc.
5. Design and manage a social media engagement plan
6. Research, write, and post communication pieces for external audiences as requested.
7. Ensure that recruitment, outreach and leadership instruction-related content is posted to the Knowledge Management platform as it is developed.
8. Design, facilitate and conduct communication materials pre-testing sessions with target group beneficiaries.
9. Support WLD staff and partners in developing media campaigns using appropriate media for advocacy messages and outreach messages for target audiences.
10. Provide training to WLD staff and partners on communications theory and practice as needed, including practical sessions on materials development, use of digital and traditional media, and advocacy messaging.
11. Provide technical advice and support to the Chief of Party and WLD staff on quality of communications materials and compliance with USAID branding and marking requirements.
12. Determine material needs for external communications and, once approved, incorporate them into project procurement planning.
13. Manage online communication and materials for external audiences in collaboration with the COP, DCOP, Senior Program Director, and Internal Communications Specialist.
14. Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
The External Communications Specialist will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party - Technical (DCOP) or her delegate and work in close coordination with the DCOP-F&A, Tetra Tech Project Manager, Senior Program Direct, and Internal Communications Specialist, and others as needed. Direct reporting may change according to project needs.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization in a high level capacity.
• Experience with USG project implementation and USG rules and regulations, especially USAID.
• Demonstrated experience producing, editing, and copyediting written products such as articles, reports, fact sheets, speeches, success stories, and press releases.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Proven ability to develop and guide others in the development of extremely high quality products at all times.Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Photoshop.
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
Women are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in journalism, communications, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in public relations, public outreach, or communications for development at a senior level.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
Subject line must be: External Communications Specialist WLD-0110
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Gender Officer at DABS||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Assistant Director of Admissions (Re-advertis.. at American University of..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior National Water Resources Specialist, at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|Evaluation specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Human Resource Workforce Planning Senior Advi.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|ICU Project Coordinator at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Introduction to graduates studies (IGS) Co-Te.. at American University of..||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (ELECTRICIAN) at DAI||Kabul||19 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Plumber at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|M&E Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Course Facilitator at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Marketing/Placement Officer at ATVI||Kabul||18 Nov 2017|
|Gender Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||19 Nov 2017|
|Social Safeguard Specialist at Directorate General Public Private Partner..||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|