About Afghan Knowledge Solution
AKS is a local development consultancy that works with the international community in public, private and third sectors with the common goal of helping Afghanistan to become more secure and enhancing the life chances of Afghans by supporting economic and human development projects.
Founded in 2009, AKS has established a reputation as a trusted and highly competent partner in international development, managing projects across Afghanistan. We have a network of more than 500 national and international consultants with both exemplary technical expertise and a deep understanding of our country. By supporting donor and commercial projects, AKS nurtures talent by transferring the skills and knowledge of its young Afghan team to fellow Afghans.
We work with international partners on governance, public financial management, economic development, and investment advisory and support, providing them with the local expertise they need to operate in Afghanistan efficiently.
Responsible to: HQ Project Manager
Line Management: Team Leader,
AKS is looking for a Legal Translator to work for one of its projects, and to undertake a range of translation and interpretation assignments in English and from English into Dari or Pashto, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained. Provide accurate and complete versions of documents,
|Date Posted:||13 Nov 2017||Reference:||KS /056|
|Closing Date:||23 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide professional verbal translation from Dari to English and vice versa during meetings, workshops training sessions, interactions and discussions between Afghans and expatriate staff within the project and program areas.
• To provide accurate translations of written communications between Dari and English and vice versa, including training materials, proposals, reports, policies, strategies, and articles.
• To translate document reports, minutes of assessment meetings, field visit reports from English to Dari and Dari to English.
• Accompany international staff during the visits between program area and other offices within the project areas, as required.
• Attend to field visits into Concern program areas where requested. To undertake any Task provided by line manager that is relevant to the organization mandate.
• Take the minute of meeting and or write the report from field visited where necessary.
• The applicant must have a deep understanding of the different technical and professional phrases of Law and prosecution in English, Pashto and Dari languages. Ability to learn the required specific terms.
• Familiar with the nature of formal meetings, training, workshops, and ability to share information
• Graduated from university, Law or English Literature
• Good understanding of Dari and English Languages, most importantly, 2-3 years practical experience in translation and/or law, prosecution, and investigation.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
• Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicant's suitability for the job, a current Curriculum Vitae and three referee’s reports should be included in the application.
• Interested individuals should visit www.jobs.af to register their interest and submit the following by 23/11/2017.
• Candidate's resume accompanied by a Cover Letter (mandatory!), applications that are incomplete won't be considered.
• AKS may decide to process the application before the deadline; therefore, interested candidates should submit their applications soon as possible.
|More jobs in this category|
|Female Translator at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Khost||23 Oct 2018|
|Translator at Samuel Hall||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|