Procurement Officer(591 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Procurement Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as Procurement Officer based in Kabul.
The Procurement department in the American University of Afghanistan is seeking to hire a qualified Procurement Officer to logistics and coordinate the daily operation of procurement office in a timely and professional manner. The Procurement Officer should have enough experience and knowledge of the market to be able to carry out below mentioned duties and responsibilities.
|Date Posted:||14 Nov 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||28 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, advertising and reviews requisitions;
• Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule;
• Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items;
• Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or completion;
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority;
• Draft Purchase Orders, Contracts and BPAs;
• Maintain procurement records in both hard and soft copy;
• Keep update the Procurement Tracker on timely basis and provide a Procurement Status sheet to Procurement Director on weekly basis;
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action;
• Establish and maintain list of qualified vendors who are willing and capable of providing quality products in competitive price;
• Ensures AUAF Procurement Policy and purchasing procedures is maintained and fully applied in day to day procurement activities;
• Ensures that transparency and integrity is fully maintained in day to day procurement activities;
• Manage custom related activities, in coordination with relevant government Ministries;
• Back-up the Senior Procurement officer, when he/she is not available;
• Place online orders and conduct off-shore procurement;
• Performs any other job responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School Graduate required. University degree preferred.
• 2-3 years professional, full-time work experience
• Work experience in a multi-national environment preferred
• Knowledge of purchasing goods in local markets and online procurement
• Excellent command of the English and local languages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability and knowledge in maintaining a high degree of professionalism and ethics
• Ability to operate a personal computer including Microsoft Office programs
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, Business Administration
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Procurement Officer” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before November 28th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hospital Procurement Senior Advisor at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Procurement Clerk at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Contracts Management Specialist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Proje..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Store Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||18 Nov 2017|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|