Introduction to graduates studies (IGS) Co-Teachers(1431 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
PDI Background: The Professional Development Institute (PDI) offers a broad range of training and education courses throughout Afghanistan to private business, non-profit agencies, NGOs, and governments. The Institute draws on the expertise of the world-class faculty at the American University of Afghanistan and others to provide courses custom tailored to specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrollment basis. This expertise includes English language, business administration and management, public administration, and information technology.
The AUAF PDI department is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time position as Co-Teachers based in Kabul.
The Co-Teachers will be responsible for assisting the main instructor in the delivery of teaching Introduction to graduates studies (IGS) program for the Professional Development Institute of the American University of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||14 Nov 2017||Reference:||Na|
|Closing Date:||07 Dec 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Study all the required materials prior to class discussions
• Attend all the lectures delivered by main instructor
• Lead twice-weekly class discussions alone
• Correct all the assigned papers, tests, exams, group projects and giving prompt, detailed, specific and useful feedback to students
• Take regular class attendance
• Give occasional all-class lectures
• Keep written records of students performance
• Offer one-on-one assistance to students when needed
• Meet with the main instructor regularly
• Any other relevant duty assigned by the main instructor
• At least Master Degree from a credible university in the socio-behavioral sciences
• Five years of university teaching experience
• Work experience with diverse adults
• Full fluency in both Dari and Pashto
• Working knowledge of English
• Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• Full commitment to AUAF goals, standards and laws.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “IGS Co-Teacher” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before December 7, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up on the AUAF campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|پوسته رسان at DABS||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Translator at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Internship at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|سه پست مختلف برای طبقه ان.. at House||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|