Information Technology Manager (IT Manager)(1263 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The AUAF IT Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as IT Manager overseeing the network domain of AUAF.
We are looking for a IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of overall network within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. IT Manager will supervise the implementation and maintenance of AUAF’s current IT and future network infrastructure.
The successful candidate shall have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practices.
|Date Posted:||14 Nov 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||28 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Manager’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
• Audit systems and assess their outcomes
• Preserve assets, information security and control structures
• Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
• Plan, organize, control and evaluate network operations
• Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
• Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
• Direct technological research by studying departmental goals, strategies, practices, and projects
• Complete projects by coordinating resources and schedule with internal departments and external parties
• Have a precise plan for a disaster recovery solution
• Oversee current projects and future projects, assure that they are meeting all defined standards
• Lead projects from beginning until end with period reports given to direct supervisor and proper and timely documentation of projects should be maintained
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• BCS/ BIT – Bachelor’s degree in any IT related field
• Master in Computer Science
• Cisco CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S
• CompTIA Server+, A+ Certifications
Job Level Competencies:
• Problem Solving Skills
• Quality Oriented
• Service Oriented
• Result Oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
• Support Services / Technical Assistance
• PPP (Policies, Procedures, and Processes) development and management
• Control and Manage IT Audit and control
• Budgeting and Forecasting
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “IT Manager” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before November 28th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|کارمند دیتابیس منابع بشر.. at DABS||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Senior System Administrator at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|