Senior Focal Point Assistant-Jalalabad(387 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Senior Focal Point Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that we have identify eligible participants for all grantees on time. This will involve awareness and selection process of participants and ongoing communication and collaboration among partners, each of whom have separate but essential roles to play in implementing the program. Working with the WLD staff and management, the assistant to Senior Focal Point will contribute to M&E, communications, operations, and programming functions and assume responsibility for the following activities:
|Date Posted:||14 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-115|
|Closing Date:||24 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Senior Focal Point and participant’s recruitment officer on design, organize, and facilitates program and training activities and events;
2. Coordinate with targeted entities for awareness session;
3. Assist the Senior focal point on awareness’s session in Kabul;
4. Make sure that all application is collected on-time and enter to the database on daily basis;
5. Answer the phone calls of participant and answer them properly regarding the program;
6. Coordinate the participant’s selection process with recruitment officer;
7. Arrange meetings with Participant selection committee and other stakeholders;
8. In collaboration with participant’s recruitment Officer, identify the best and successful project participants;
9. Assist the Participants Recruitment Officer on evaluation of student/participants capacity after each training through random selection of students and through trainers;
10. Manage the payment of participants, and other administration process;
11. Any other activity assigned by supervisor related to the project activities.
The current job description may be periodically revisited as needed to reflect changing realities, limitations and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect. This post will be having travel to other WLD field offices.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated experience working in a capacity building position with an NGO, training provider institution, university, or international organizations;
• Experience with USG project implementation and USG rules and regulations, especially USAID.
• Demonstrates experience on women’s rights, empowerment, and gender integration programs in Afghanistan.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff.
• Proficient Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word
• Language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) education, public administration, gender, or related field, or similar field (relevant experience and/or another university degree may substitute for degrees mentioned).
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position. Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Bachelors Degree, Education
Subject line must be: Senior Focal Point Assistant-JALALABAD WLD-115
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Student & Registration Officer at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|IELTS Instructor at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior National Islamic Scholar Specialist. at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|(Intermediary Services) and Scholarships Mana.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Primary School Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-KANDAHAR at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership D..||Kandahar||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-Mazar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Balkh||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Herat||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-kabul at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|معلم دری at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-JAL.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Nangarhar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-Bal.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant -HE.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-Jalalabad at Tetra Tech -Women's Leade..||Nangarhar||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator - Balkh at Tetra Tech -Women's Leaders..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator -Kandahar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leade..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadershi..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Training Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Royesh Program Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Royesh Program Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Graphic Designer and Photographer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken Eng..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|