Public Administration Advisor to MoMP Minister(679 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Public Administration Advisor will provide technical support to the designated directors/managers and employees across the ministry in the area of human resources management, office management, financial management, leadership and organizational development. The incumbent is also responsible for the development of administrative systems and procedures.
|Date Posted:||14 Nov 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/ Public Administration Advisor|
|Closing Date:||27 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of frameworks, policies and procedures across the full range of public administration functions and services;
2. Assist the ministry leadership and other directorates in improving their performance in provision of public services;
3. Assist the ministry in implementation of Public Administration Reforms, including assisting the ministry to reformulate its organizational structure, revising and/or updating job descriptions and scope of works;
4. Carry out comprehensive assessments of staff capacity and training needs in the core skills of ministry and ensure that training and development programs are effective and efficient;
5. Assist in the establishment and maintenance of personnel administration and management systems and procedures;
6. Provide mentoring, analysis, and advisory assistance on budgetexecution and financial control;
7. Assist the ministry in developing of CBR proposal and plan and also strengthen coordination with the Independent Administrative Reform & Civil Service Commission;
8. Maintain contacts with partner agencies and others relevant government and non-governmental sectors in terms of sharing experiences and lessons learned;
9. Produce management reports and supply information and documentation as needed;
10. Perform any other task assigned by the authority of the Ministry.
• Strong managerial and administrative skills;
• Ability to work independently and in a team;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate;
• Strong command of spoken and written English as well as knowledge of the main local languages of Afghanistan;
• Strong familiarity and understanding of Microsoft Office Packages;
• At least Bachelor degree in public administration, Business Administration, Management, economics, development economics, international development, or a related field and Master is preferred in these fields.
• Work experience in Afghanistan
• At least 5-10 years’ experience in the public or private sector related to the field
• Experience of project-based work
• Ability to review and contribute to policy and strategy development
• Research skills
• English language skills
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Office administrative and computing skills
• Flexibility and enthusiasm
• Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
• S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
• S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 27/Nov./ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Public Administration Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Receptionist at Afghan Aim Consulting Services||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|کارمند مدیریت تحریرات at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|6 (3 Male Loan Officer 2 Female 1 Regional Ri.. at OXUS Afghanistan||Kunduz||18 Jan 2018|
|Administration/HR Head at ATVI||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Administration Officer at MAIL/Panj-Amu||Kunduz||23 Jan 2018|
|کارمند ثبت وراجستراحکام .. at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Receptionist at Darya Village||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Admin Officer at JubailiBros||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Administration Manager at GTR Group||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|