Internal Communication Officer(1272 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Internal Communications Officer will support technical project staff in establishing and maintaining clear lines of communication with other project staff, project partners, and local and international consultants.
|Date Posted:||14 Nov 2017||Reference:||WLD-116|
|Closing Date:||24 Nov 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist technical project staff in the development of a comprehensive internal communications plan to disseminate communications materials which integrate digital and traditional communications.
2. Compile program information from all technical sources and draft weekly, quarterly and annual plan.
3. Provide communication material at program events including graduation ceremonies, commencement ceremonies, networking event and career fairs
4. Ensure that all the internal and external communication material of WLD is compliant with TT and USAID communication policies and guidelines.
5. Assist the technical teams in managing media campaign projects. This includes ownership of project for design, implementation and monitoring of deliverables.
6. Determine any material needs for internal communication and, once approved incorporate them into project procurement planning. Provide the training assistance with course commencement and ending stationary material including but not limited to certificates, appreciation letters, art pieces…etc.
7. Maintain project website, manage online communication and materials including the project SharePoint calendar.
8. Research, write and post communication pieces for the SharePoint website for internal audiences as requested.
9. Manage internally-generated communications and content to insure relevance, timeliness, and search ability.
10. Assist External Communications Specialist in copy editing and proofreading of web and print contents including field stories, research publications, blogs, etc.
11. Edit consultant reports and other technical project deliverables in accordance with Tetra Tech style manual.
12. Assist project staff in identifying appropriate media and developing information products for internal use.
13. Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated experience producing written products such as articles, reports, fact sheets, speeches, success stories, and press releases.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and designing programs such as Photoshop.
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English, Dari, Pashto.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in communications, journalism, or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of related experience in public relations, public outreach, or communications for development field.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Subject line must be: Internal Communication Officer WLD-116
Note: Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that only necessary documents are sent, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|Customer Service Agent at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|