Tax Manager(1528 Views)
About Quest Financial Services
Quest Financial Services is a start-up accounting and tax services company in Kabul. Quest Financial Services helps businesses and NGOs reach their potential by providing professional business development services. Quest Financial Services specializes in financial planning and reporting, accounting and payroll systems, outsourced finance personnel, and tax advisory services.
To provide the financial services necessary to help entrepreneurs in Afghanistan succeed.
Benefits of Working with Quest
At Quest, you will have the opportunity to work in a warm and professional environment. Quest highly values its employees and seeks to build a team of men and women of diverse backgrounds who demonstrate both character and competence. Quest is a particularly good place to work if you are a seeking a career in the field of accounting or pursuing ACCA qualifications, as you will have the opportunity to work under a Managing Director who is a qualified Certified Public Accountant with years of international experience.
To contribute to the overall mission of “Quest Financial Services” by providing high-quality tax compliance and advisory services to a broad range of clients. Working in a start-up environment, this job requires creating thinking, flexibility, and a willingness to contribute to the team in a variety of ways.
|Date Posted:||14 Nov 2017||Reference:||1|
|Closing Date:||02 Dec 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Tax Manager is responsible to build a scalable tax services department, working with the Managing Director to build a well-trained team with standardized operations. The Tax Manager will take a significant role in various client engagements, often working on several engagements simultaneously. This requires the ability to work independently and propose creative solutions to client problems. The Tax Manager must be able to manage client relationships and show a deep commitment to excellent customer service. Specific responsibilities include:
• Embracing Quest’s core values and integrating them into daily work.
• Networking in the business and NGO community and bringing new clients to Quest.
• Representing Quest’s clients at the Afghanistan Revenue Department and related tax offices.
• Writing standard procedures for tax advisory services into Quest’s Operations Manual.
• Researching and applying the written tax law to complex client situations.
• Advising clients on how to comply with the tax laws of Afghanistan.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns and filing them at the tax offices.
• Assisting in the process of assessing clients and developing action plans for the engagement.
• Designing internal controls that balance the need for both accountability and efficiency.
• Developing cash management systems including budgeting, cash planning, cash handling, cash counts and reconciliations, and reporting.
• Customizing finance and tax manuals to reflect the policies and procedures needed by the respective client.
• Creating payroll systems that enable timely and accurate payment of salaries with the proper tax withholdings.
• Reviewing client accounting records and providing the assistance needed to clean up the books.
• Training clients in the various skills necessary to keep their new financial and tax system running properly after Quest Financial Services helps them to implement a new system.
• A willingness to be outsourced to a client to meet a specific need for a specific time period.
• Ability to manage engagements, handle client communications, and supervise lower level staff.
• University Degree in Business, Economics, or a related field
• 4-6 years of experience in the field of taxation
• Strong working knowledge of Afghan tax laws
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
• Knowledge of QuickBooks
• Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing priorities and multiple deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Pashto: excellent reading, writing, and verbal skills required
• Dari: good reading, writing, and verbal skills required
• English: good reading, writing, and verbal skills required
• Advanced qualification (particularly ACCA) preferred
• Experience working in the Afghanistan Revenue Department or related tax office preferred
• Audit experience preferred
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
• Candidates should submit their cover letter and CV in a single PDF document by email. Please limit the PDF document to no more than five pages.
• The PDF document should be named as follows: “Name of Candidate_CV.”
What to Expect
Quest Financial Services follows a standardized and transparent recruitment process to identify the best candidate for the position. Please note the following:
• When you submit your cover letter to the listed email address, you will receive an automatic email response that contains a link to an online application form. Please take care to fill out this form as your application will not be considered until the online application form has been completed. If you do not immediately see the automatic response in your inbox, please check your junk folder.
• You will be contacted within one week after the job posting closing date to notify you if you have been short-listed.
• If you are applying for a position that requires technical skills in taxation or accounting, you will be required to take a technical examination to test your knowledge.
• Applicants for most positions will be required to prepare and present a case study as part of the interview process.
• Candidates will be disqualified if they give false or misleading information on their cover letter, CV, application form, or during the interview process.
|More jobs in this category|
|Lead Finance Manager at DABS||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Program Head of Finance at DABS||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at IFRC||Kabul||05 Aug 2018|
|Accounting& Finance Manager at Tolo Fajer Plastic Industry Company||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|Finance and Admin Manager at Sadat Business Group Ltd||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|