Deputy Project Director(2155 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Afghanistan Agriculture Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality
The Deputy Project Director will be AAIP’s senior staff person responsible to work with the Project Director and the team to ensure sound and timely implementation and coordination of the project planned tasks to achieve the development goals of the project. He/she will oversee quality maintenance for implementing activities and capacity building of MAIL target staff on the pursuit of excellent program standards. The position is based in Kabul with frequent travel to AAIP target provinces
|Date Posted:||20 Nov 2017||Reference:||091/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate planning, schedules, and priorities all AAIP offices in Kabul and in regions and develop regular synthesis of progresses.
• To ensure institutional and operational coordination at all levels.
• Update work plans of the AAIP as and when required and coordinate all operational (Admin, HR, logistics, Procurement, Admin Financial, IT and all other relate efforts to ease the implementing of the AAIP project activities, outputs and inputs.
• Capitalizing on Monthly Coordination Meeting results within AAIP units and other stakeholders.
• Help Units managers to ensure quality control of the outputs at all implementing levels and regular monitoring and reporting of project progress;
• Optimize M&E procedures and processes to ensure that a clear project progress status is provided to stakeholders on regular basis.
• Support the training and capacity building unit to ensure sustainability within project scope.
• Assist in the development of the strategic plan for all operational activities in close coordination with all Units.
• Identify the need for adjustment of employees' TORs as and when required.
• Provide technical support to the operations teams on the implementation of project plan and continuous improvement of the project staff;
• Ensure effective internal communication both within and between teams and across the AAIP organizational structures;
• Ensure that budget of project activities is accurately calculated and disbursed in due time.
• Assess and maintain appropriate staff resources of the Operations Teams to ensure that project outputs are delivered on time, on budget and to the agreed quality standards.
• Define appropriate personal development plans for all staff inline with project priorities.
• Review reports from the M&E Unit and from finance office and ensure its timely submission to stakeholders.
• Provides detailed administrative, logistical, and hands-on technical support to Afghan Implementing Partners.
• Oversees all security, travel, accommodation, and communications arrangements in support of project staff, including short-term technical advisors.
• Develop AAIP standard operating procedures (SOP) for operations.
• Ensure all standard operational procedures properly implemented in all project provinces.
• Undertakes additional tasks and responsibilities which may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary and as instructed by the Project Director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong report writing and oral communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari
• Strong English language skills both speaking and writing.
• Excellent Organization, Strategic Planning and Management skills
• Advanced University degrees in relevant fields for this position; Agronomy, Management ...
• At least 5 years proven successful experience in similar position
• Experience with public MAIL and World Bank funded projects will be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Send update CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mena, Kabul Afghanistan Or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Do not attach recommendation and Education documents; these will be required only in interview stage.
*Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without cover letter, the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
*Only selected candidates will be called for interview. All applications will be checked and validated against the above mentioned requirements. Any un-matching C.V will be automatically rejected.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin Finance Officer at MAIL/OFWMP||Balkh||23 Oct 2018|
|Water Management Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Baghlan||23 Oct 2018|