SENIOR TRAINING MANAGER(1409 Views)
The Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) program empowers educated Afghan women from across the country to gain the skills, voice, and resources to contribute to economic growth, reduce poverty levels, and influence workplace policies in response to the needs of women. The program does this through improving the growth of women owned businesses and businesses with a 10 percent or greater female workforce, helping place female job seekers in jobs, and partnering with local educational, vocational, and technical training providers to offer workplace skills development, career counseling, internships, and career development assistance to educated women between the ages of 18 and 30. WIE works in five regional economic zones across Afghanistan, with offices in Kabul, Herat, Mazar-i-Sharif, Jalalabad, and Kandahar; it will expand its activities into new areas in the future.
The Senior Training Manager is responsible for maintaining a high level of excellence for all training activities implemented by WIE. The Senior Training Manager will oversee the Regional Training Coordinators, ensuring that all regional trainings are held to a high standard and within the procedures and regulations set out by WIE. Additionally, the Senior Training Manager will serve as the Point-of-Contact for various Monitoring and Evaluation teams that monitor WIE trainings. Responding effectively to their reports and findings will be a major responsibility of the position. The Senior Training Manager must also work closely with external partners and vendors that provide trainings for WIE to ensure that these are compliant, professional and of high quality to beneficiaries. The Senior Training Manager will work to constantly evaluate the trainings and suggest changes to improve efficacy and sustainability of knowledge/skill transfer.
WIE trainees are involved in various capacity building efforts which may include: internships, apprenticeships, on-the-job training, and business training, and some may receive training through scholarship programs. Job skills training programs may focus on skills and knowledge in sectors such as: information technology, medical technology and records, financial services, marketing and sales, dentistry, basic health services, administration, media, agribusiness, and food preparation.
|Date Posted:||06 Dec 2017||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||13 Dec 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Training||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
• Management of Regional Training Coordinators, ensuring that they remain complaint with established Standard Operating Procedures and other training administrative procedures and guidelines, and act as a quality control for all WIE-implemented trainings.
• Manages technical execution of subcontracts, purchase orders, grants, and other WIE-funded procurements dealing with trainings throughout Afghanistan.
• Liaise with relevant partners to ensure that outsourced training activities meet DAI/WIE standards and are completed according to contractual agreements.
• Serves as the technical lead on training, ensuring that WIE implements trainings that are effective, knowledge and skill-based, well-planned and conducted professionally.
• Ensures that Regional Training Coordinators manage regional training activity documentation and records, and keep a complete record of the trainees' data including, but not limited to, attendance sheets, evaluation forms, exam results. Ensures that these are entered into the WIE KMP.
• Constantly evaluation training sessions and providers and provides feedback to trainers and management for the improvement of sessions.
• Ensures that pre- and post-testing is completed in all training sessions at the appropriate time in coordination with training providers and WIE M&E.
• All trainings have a plan, appropriate materials and equipment are ready, and that the training is delivered in a timely manner. Builds WIE Regional Training Coordinator’s capacity to manage and oversee training in this regard.
• Acts as the main Point-of-Contact for the various M&E teams that will examine WIE training activities, and addresses their concerns, notifying management of major issues.
• Coordinates with WFD case officers to consolidate key data on upcoming training activities.
• Ensures accurate and clear reporting on regional training issues and effective solutions in collaboration with WIE/WFD team.
• Identifies capable training providers in coordination with relevant team members.
• Ensures data collection and synthesis for delivery to the M&E teams for entry into TrainNet
• Able to travel for project tasks to provinces.
• Any other task assigned by the line manager.
1. Minimum of Master’s degree and 5 years relevant work experience; or Bachelor's degree with 10 years relevant work experience.
2. Has experience with the development, implementation, and management of training programs or training activities.
3. Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation procedures.
4. Demonstrated detail-orientation and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, meet deadlines.
5. Experience on USAID programs and knowledge of USAID regulations required.
6. Proven interpersonal, reporting, and coordination skills.
7. Experience with workforce training, business development, and gender activities preferred.
8. Prior experience on a development or capacity-building program or initiative.
9. Excellent English and Dari language skills required, Pashto skills highly recommended.
• The position reports to the WFD Component Lead.
Master's degree with 5 years or Bachelor's degree with 10 years relevant experience
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Senior Training Manager in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Freelance Training Consultant/Trainer at VEER Consultancy||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|