Accounting Associate(1489 Views)
About Afghanistan Holding Group
Afghanistan Holding Group (AHG) has been providing an outstanding and satisfactory turn-key business services to over 220 international companies in Afghanistan since 2009. AHG employs over 180 full-time highly qualified Afghans to produce tailor-made professional services to its clients across the country.
The primary purpose of the position to ensure the integrity of the finance and procurement functions in in the Finance Section of AHG. This includes responsibility for (i) general accounting, program accounting, auditing, fraud control, cost accounting, budgetary control and reporting and (ii) ensuring effective procurement practices; identifying quality, efficient and cost-effective suppliers and also maintains Asset Register.
|Date Posted:||06 Dec 2017||Reference:||0253|
|Closing Date:||16 Dec 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the key responsibilities and accountabilities of the Accounting Associate are outlined as follows:
• Perform all functions as set out in AHG Finance Instructions.
• Monitor the financial performance of program inputs.
• Conduct reviews and audits as required.
• Design and develop appropriate financial management reports and prepare all reports to an acceptable level of quality.
• Assist in the management of financial compliance.
• Review and support the development of financial management procedures and processes.
• Implement new project budgets and Chart of Accounts at the inception of new projects and monitor for each financial year.
• Provide financial information and advice for the costing of project proposals where required.
• Monitor expenditure against budget, providing regular reports to the Director of Finance.
• Manage Petty cash.
• Manage banking and payroll.
• Establish sound working relationships with internal and external clients on all financial management matters.
• Develop and manage contracts for the issue of grants.
• Develop and manage contracts for technical assistance.
• Ensure AHG procurement practice is timely, effective and financially efficient.
• Develop and regularly review procurement procedures to ensure they reflect best practice in logistics management.
• Coordinate the procurement of office material, IT equipment, vehicles and other assets.
• Ensure procurement aligns with best practice and Government of Afghanistan guidelines.
• Oversee and coordinate the maintenance of AHG assets and maintain an AHG Asset Register.
• Provide on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching in the area of financial management and procurement to nominated project management staff.
• Undertake additional financial management and procurement duties as may be reasonably required.
• Comply with personal legal liabilities and fiduciary requirements of diligence and care in carrying out the duties of AHG.
• All AHG staff must act honestly in all the affairs of AHG and avoid any conflict between their personal interests and the interests of AHG. Using a position in AHG or knowledge gained from AHG to inappropriately influence decisions or activities for their advantage, financial or otherwise, or for that of their family and friends or associates defines an unacceptable conflict of interest and is strictly prohibited at all times. Individuals are expected to avoid even the appearance of impropriety in the performance of their duties. All secretariat staff must disclose, at the earliest practicable time, any possible conflict of interest to the CEO, whether it be actual or perceived. If a staff member is uncertain whether a conflict of interest exists, a determination may be requested by the CEO.
• All AHG staff should be aware of AFS’s core policies and AFS's commitment to high standards and best practice in all of its operations. The governance charter outlines the key principles that underline AFS’s strategic and operational responsibilities to social, gender, environmental and corporate integrity practices.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Budgetary management and achieve the financial contribution of all AHG projects.
• Conduct reviews and audits as required by the CEO.
• Quality and timely management reporting.
• Provision of quality advice the costing of project proposals.
• Effective, timely and financially efficient procurement practice.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship building and networking skills.
• Ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and responsive environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and respond to multiple tasks.
• Ability to give solution oriented advice and assistance to staff, clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to allocate and review priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate in English, Dari and Pashto preferred.
• Professional presentation and approach.
• Secondary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or similar.
• ACCA students with at least seven (7) papers passed are preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in the management and development of accounting systems.
• Proven experience in the design and production of management and company and project budgets and financial reports.
• Demonstrated experience in procurement and asset management.
• Demonstrated experience in establishing preferred supplier agreements and negotiation with service suppliers.
• Demonstrated experience in developing effective networks and relationships with a broad range of service providers (telecommunications, IT, accommodation, construction, travel).
• Demonstrated experience in the hands-on operation of QuickBooks Accounting Systems.
• A sound knowledge of accounting principles (ie. petty cash accounts, reconciliations, bank statements and invoicing), including those relating to government.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cost management and control.
• Demonstrated knowledge of contracting procedures, including financial aspects of contract implementation/.
• A working knowledge of computer applications for financial accounting.
• Working knowledge of the use of QuickBooks Accounting Software.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume. Please include “Accounting Associate” in the email subject line, and save documents (Cover letter and Resume with references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. AHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Assistant (Female) at Unique Atlantic Telecommunication LTD||Kabul||28 Dec 2017|
|Monitoring & Capacity Building Officer at Alfalah Consulting Service (ACS..||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|(Financial Reporting Officer) کارمند ر.. at DABS||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|مدیر جنسی at DABS||Kabul||23 Dec 2017|
|DATA PROCESSING OFFICER - Re announced at Alfalah Consulting Service (AC..||Kabul||17 Dec 2017|
|Cashier at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|Internal Audit at SDROA||Kabul||21 Dec 2017|
|Machinery Controller Officer at Aziz Group||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|