Medical Activity Manager(1770 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting a Medical Activity Manager for a post and to reinforce its pool of replacement
|Date Posted:||16 Dec 2017||Reference:||MSF-232|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||76350 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Together with the Project Medical referent and the Project Coordinator, identify problems and needs for the mobile health strategies, follow up the data collection and recommend context adjusted solution for improvement.
- Coordinate, assess and supervise the proper functioning of the external medical activities according to MSF protocols and procedures and also the correct compilation and analysis of medical data and timely reporting.
- Check all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers) in MSF maternity hospital.
- Define and implement monitoring criteria (qualitative & quantitative data collection) and reporting in MSF maternity and outreach
- Prepare the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager.
- Ensure an efficient pharmacy and medical equipment management and monitor the rational use of them in the MSF hospital and outreach.
- Participate in the programs / project follow-up, supervise and ensure that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved and report to the line manager any problem arising in the service
- Participate in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and definition of annual planning and budget for the project.
- Responsible for the external network and active search for partners with the line manager.
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organise and coordinate the activities of team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, together with line manager evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that MSF protocols and guidelines are followed and respected in MSF maternity.
- Carry out administrative (inventory and management of the medical library achieving of data and medical report) information gathering and data collection tasks in order to have updated day to day activity in the project..
- Follow up patients referred to KPH and Kabul together with the national staff health doctors.
- In Support of the medical team, assist the PMR in meetings with different stake holders
- Support the PMR in briefing and debriefings of medical staffs.
- Collaborate with the supply and pharmacy in order to ensure enough quality supply of medical materials and assist the PMR reviewing the medical order supervising and monitoring of medical consumption and stock level of the project.
- Assist the PMR in national and international staff health monitoring both physical and mental health and promoting the compliance of the MSF national staff health policy.
- In the request of the PMR carry out extra tasks.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Medical Doctor diploma essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Other experience in similar position essential
- MSF experience desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written desirable
- English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME: POSITION/ DAY, 40 HOURS OFFICE OURS, SATURDAY TO WEDNESDAY
SALARY: 76,350 AFN (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Khost
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 17th of January 2018, 4PM
with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.)
to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department, Khost Project via
- a sealed envelope to Administration department, MSF Khost Maternity Hospital, Matun Road 9, Khost City
THE REFERENCE MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER MUST BE STATED IN THE APPLICATION TO BE VALID. Any application missing the mentioned documents won’t be taken into account.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
|Provincial CBHC Coordinator parwan & panjshir at Ministry of Public Healt..||Multi Cities||03 Feb 2018|
|Postgraduate Medical Education Residency Prog.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|سال 2018 (FMIC) اکمال تخصص در .. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|Technical Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Program Officer CBM-Health at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Jan 2018|
|Gender Officer for emergency project at World Health Organization||Kabul||30 Jan 2018|
|Private Sector FP/MNH Implementation Advisor at Futures Group Global Outr..||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|MEDICAL DOCTOR (MALE ONLY) at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||10 Feb 2018|
|فارمسست at 786 Pharmacy||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Translator / Foreign Doctors Assistant (FEMAL.. at DK - German Medical Di..||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|