Curriculum Development Translator(3023 Views)
About UNESCO Kabul
UNESCO Office in Kabul
The aim for the new curriculum is to increase the economic, social and personal agencies of young Afghans to become contributing members of society. The reform focuses on strengthening foundational literacies (subjects) for the 21st century and creating a competence-based curriculum for the future, within the Islamic context of Afghanistan and its position in a modern world. The competences on which the new curriculum will be based, comprise lifelong learning and employability skills, and personal empowerment and citizenship skills. The competences are defined and divided into sub-competences by a core working group composed of MoE leadership as well as practitioners from the GDC. Their work is then presented to a larger practitioner group composed of GDC staff and teachers, who assist the scope and sequencing of each competence across age and grade groups. An international curriculum reform specialist and a life skills education expert provide guidance to the process and feedback.
3. Core Activities:
Under the overall authority of Kabul UNESCO Chief of Education and the CapED Project Coordinator, and the functional supervision of the Curriculum Development and Coordination Officer, the incumbent will undertake duties and responsibilities in providing translation to the curriculum team, in Dari, Pashto and English.
(a) Level of independence and to bring initiatives in the team:
The incumbent will be supervised by senior curriculum project team members, and must adhere to strict tight timelines, maintain open communication with team members, be able to work independently, and take initiative.
The incumbent will maintain a daily contact with curriculum project team members, including direct supervisors.
The incumbent will be issued a 3 month contract with the possibility of extension
|Date Posted:||18 Dec 2017||Reference:||KAB/EDU/17/006|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Translate work produced by the various curriculum reform working groups as required from Dari/Pashto into English
2. Translate feedback provided by international experts from English into Dari/Pashto
3. Translate the compiled and reviewed competences and other material relating to the curriculum project from Dari/Pashto into English
4. Translate the final drafts of curriculum materials and all developed instructional materials into English from Dari/Pashto, and vice versa as deemed necessary by supervisors
5. Any other duty assigned by team leader
• An exceptionally strong command of Dari, Pashto and English, written and oral
• Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and familiarity with education-related terms is a strong asset
• Be a good team player and derived by results
• Good computer and other IT skills
• Excellent communication skills, including writing and oral expression
• Ability to handle tight deadlines under pressured situation
• University degree in relevant fields
• At least three years of professional work experience relating to high-level translation, including ministerial and UN documents
• Work experience with government ministries an asset
Excellent writing and oral skills in English, Dari and Pashto
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested candidates are asked to send below required document by 20 January 2017 to the contact:
1. Up-to-date UNESCO curriculum vitae (https://en.unesco.org/careers/media/3705)
2. CV in free format
3. Cover letter explaining qualifications and motivations for the position
For further information, please write to
The successful candidate is expected to start work ASAP. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this UNESCO call.
We look forward to receiving your applications in due time.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!