Finance Consultant(1313 Views)
About Kabul Municipality
The Kabul Municipality is responsible for implementing Kabul Municipal Development program (KMDP) on behalf of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the KMDP is to increase access to basic municipal services in selected residential areas of Kabul City and strengthen municipal finance management of Kabul Municipality.
The project is being financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), administered by the World Bank. The Project Management Unit (PMU) under the supervision of the Kabul Mayor has been setup at the Kabul Municipality (KM) to implement and administer the Project.
The KMDP Project is under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
o Infrastructure upgrading program
o Redesign of Kabul Municipality’s Financial Management System
o Project Management, Works, Design and Supervision
o Contingent Emergency Response
The Afghanistan Ministry of Finance has modern financial system in the country which has helped the government in the management and execution of budget, control of public expenditures, and reduction of corruption, collection of revenues and on-time payment of salaries to government employees. The Treasury Department of Ministry of Finance has been able to implement Afghanistan Financial Management Information System (AFMIS) many years ago.
The contribution of US government has been quite important in the project of AFMIS. The project of AFMIS was initially tested in Kabul in 2002 with financial support of United Sated Agency for International Development (USAID). AFMIS is a computer based system for the financial activities of Afghan government. It has brought ease in the financial transactions in Afghanistan. By use of AFMIS detailed records of government payments are maintained electronically.
Any payments made by the provincial offices can immediately be reported to MoF and other line ministries of Afghanistan by AFMIS. The Afghanistan Financial Management Information System with expert IT team operating in treasury directorate of ministry of finance Afghanistan and modern data center has changed the ways of record keeping and financial reporting.
|Date Posted:||25 Dec 2017||Reference:||KMDP/S-IC-17|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Consultant shall assist Kabul Municipality with AFMIS rollout in the following areas:
• Provide action plan for the activities set forth as per contract within 30 days of contract effectiveness
• Prepare business specifications, including required process reengineering. Able to make appropriate recommendations/proposals for enhancements to AFMIS.
• Test functioning of enhancements to the AFMIS system, and assist in implementation of enhancements in the AFMIS Production environment following acceptance through testing.
• Assist in the provision of functional support for AFMIS – training, user documentation, and resolution of functional help desk cases.
• Train the AFMIS functional team so that they develop the capacity required to achieve full handover to the above responsibilities to KM staff.
• Deliver training to new AFMIS users at KM, and training to existing users on enhancements or new functions of the AFMIS System.
• Prepare and release user documentation for the enhancements to the AFMIS system in accordance with procedures. Train AFMIS functional officers to prepare user documentation in accordance with procedures. And to have strong coordination with MoF AFMIS team.
• Assist in the implementation of Cash Sales functionality for recording of revenues in AFMIS by training the AFMIS functional team and AFMIS users in the function.
• Train users in new payment procedures for payment file transfer to commercial banks. Manage end-to-end user acceptance testing of the file transfer process to commercial bank.
• Assist and advise AFMIS Functional Officers in responding to support cases assigned through the help desk.
• Prepare business cases for enhancements to AFMIS functionality and procedures to improve information available to finance managers in government and external users of financial information.
• Work with other staff members to develop a greater understanding of the business process and any related issues that may arise.
• Any other task assigned by direct supervisor.
• The employee is responsible for reporting to KM Finance and Administration Director regularly for all the routine ongoing, special issues, improvement related tasks.
o Good analytical and problem solving skills
o Excellent spoken and written English; strong interpersonal skills required
o Effective time management and organizational skills
o Excellent client-handling skills
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to deal with difficult situations
o Excellent computer and technologies skills related to roles
o Up-to-date technical knowledge
o Ability to work under pressure
o Master’s degree in Business administration or Finance
o 5 years of experience with government organization in Finance sector. Experience with AFMIS would be given an advantage.
o Understanding of business process and procedures is required.
o Having good capacity building skills.
o Analytical and mathematical understanding to analyze data and create necessary reports
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Account/Finance
Interested candidates should submit their Application in writing and clearly indicating the position and vacancy number.
Please note, while sending your CV and Cover letter clearly highlighting how you are suitable for the position, mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
Attached FileYou must be logged in to see the attached files (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Deputy Head of Department at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||28 Apr 2018|
|INTERNAL AUDIT ToT TRAINERS at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Accounts/Finance Manager of Group at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||30 Mar 2018|
|Finance / Accounts Officer at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|کارمند جایداد at DABS||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Senior Project Finance Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Grants Assistant at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Finance Officer at Big Bear Company||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Finance and Financial Sustainability Developm.. at IFRC||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Afghanistan Country Finance Monitor at Shan Globe Consulting Company||Kabul||22 Mar 2018|
|National Finance Officer-HPC Project at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|FINANCE MANAGER at DAI||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Budget Advisor at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Chief Finance Officer at Qasemi Group of Companies||Kabul||21 Apr 2018|
|General Financial Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Project Finance Controller at Huawei Technologies Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Mar 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|