Procurement Officer(1734 Views)
About NEI (Nutrition and Education International)
Nutrition and Education International (NEI) is an international NGO based in Pasadena, CA, USA.
End malnutrition among impoverished women and children living in high mortality regions.
Since 2003 NEI has been developing a sustainable soy industry in Afghanistan as a practical solution to rampant malnutrition among Afghan women and children. NEI is a non-profit organization that implements programs using a corporate mindset, in a fast paced working environment. We collaborate with many Afghan ministries and international food security organizations to provide nutrition to malnourished people. Our current development focus is to create a self-sustainable soy value chain, including seed production, soybean cultivation, soy processing, and market development.
Please visit our website for more information: www.neifoundation.org
The procurement officer works in a support role to ensure NEI’s policies and procedures related to all procurement activities are followed at NEI’s main office in Kabul, and at all field offices. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Locating sources of supply consistent with NEI’s policies, as well as partner specifications and regulations
• Ensuring the procurement of goods and services of highest quality, expedient delivery, and low cost.
• Meeting budgetary constraints and requested needs of programs.
|Date Posted:||30 Dec 2017||Reference:||146|
|Closing Date:||15 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Logistics||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and place purchase orders with vendors via phone, fax, e-mail, and internet.
• Communicate with staff on procurement-related issues, including changes in availability, pricing and other market fluctuations.
• Review internal purchase requisitions; ensure general ledger account codes are accurate.
• Check for accuracy of invoices for goods and services received; reconcile vendors when there are discrepancies with invoices.
• Ensure that all purchases made to a specific vendor are accounted for and are entered accurately on the purchase requests.
• Build strong working relationships with key vendors and suppliers, including creating competitive contracts with vendors so frequently purchased items have a set price and delivery schedule, with TOR for these contracts placed every 6-12 months as appropriate.
• Work extended hours as needed, occasional trips to other facilities.
• Maintain a smooth purchasing process from initial request to invoice payment.
• Prepare bids and negotiating specifications.
• Develop potential bidders to ensure a competitive procurement process.
• Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine optimal suppliers and best value
• Execute a planned negotiation strategy, coordinate with other technical experts involved, and participate in negotiations conducted with vendors to develop contract pricing and terms.
• Aiding in the preparation of contractual provisions and the administration of contract proposals.
• Maintain purchasing-related documentation, the status of purchases in progress, and contact close-out.
• Follow established procurement policies, programs and procedures that enhance operational efficiencies and promote cost effectiveness including standardization where possible.
• Analyze and review all phases of the procurement program to provide continuous improvement with the added goal of writing new or updating existing procedures
• Thoroughly familiarize her/himself with detailed systems and procedures for management procurement of goods and services in the field;
• Participate as an active member of the evaluation panel, if needed.
• Ensure that actual delivery of procured goods, works and services of requested quality and quantity is happening in the designated time and delivery location.
• Ensure all procurement files are maintained in order and up-to- date.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Three (3) years of experience in purchasing and risk management to include experience with commodity markets and ensuring pricing and availability in unstable market conditions.
• Logistics operations experience
• Merchandising experience
• Associate degree in business, logistic, or supply chain management.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Logistics
All resumes and cover letters should be e-mailed to Submission e-mail. Note: Please write the post title in the subject of your e-mail failure to follow the instruction your cvs will be rejected automatically . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Logistic Assistant at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Driver at Mido Dairy Production Co.Ltd||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|