Program Manager – USAID Cooperative Agreement(3008 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and master’s degrees in Business Administration and Education. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 55-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and laboratory buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
About the Program Manager Position:
AUAF has signed two Cooperative Agreements with USAID covering a period of ten years: 01 August 2008 – 31 July 2018. The University is expected to sign a new Cooperative Agreement (2018 – 2023) with USAID. As the recipient of the awards, AUAF agrees to comply with all the terms and conditions set forth in the Cooperative Agreements. The Project Manager for USAID’s Cooperative Agreement will provide overall management of the project, including liaising and coordinating with USAID and AUAF. The Program Manager is answerable to USAID for implementation of the Cooperative Agreement and within the AUAF structure, reports directly to the President.
The Program Manager is key personnel on the Cooperative Agreement. The incumbent will focus on the following areas:
1. Provide overall management of the project including liaising and coordinating with USAID and AUAF.
2. Maintain and strengthen AUAF’s relationships with USAID through ensuring effective services (pre- and post-award) provided to USAID: project implementation, compliance, and reporting – among other tasks.
|Date Posted:||04 Jan 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||15 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the university complies with the terms of the Cooperative Agreement.
• Respond in a timely manner to all requests from USAID for information or performance of tasks.
• Attend meetings whenever USAID requests them.
• Submit all reports to USAID by the deadlines set in the Cooperative Agreement.
• Lead AUAF’s official correspondence with USAID. This duty includes overseeing the drafting of all documents (responses, requests, reports, etc.) to USAID.
• Coordinate with the relevant departments within AUAF (Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Academic Affairs, Development, etc.) to ensure timely submission of high-quality program and financial reports that meet USAID’s reporting requirements.
• Establish procedures and policies to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the project are effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, identifying, and correcting non-compliance practices with applicable rules and regulations.
• Provide internal reports on a regular basis to keep AUAF’s senior management informed of the progress of compliance efforts.
• Oversee management of information and data through regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and internal documentation.
Demonstrated experience in managing U. S. government-funded projects and grants.
• Proven experience in the higher education sector.
• High-level of interpersonal skills to cultivate and maintain relationships with key donor agencies.
• Knowledge of local and international donor landscape and experience working with all major grant makers and familiarity with their expectations and attitudes.
• Extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation of development assistance programs in complex settings.
• Excellent command of the English language--written and spoken.
• Knowledge of relevant federal and USAID-specific regulations, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of federal government accounting and procurement practices.
• Personal and professional integrity and ability to earn and keep respect of peers and colleagues.
• Originality and creativity, dependability and adaptability, and ability to follow instructions and maintain attention to detail even under tight deadlines.
• Previous experience as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party on U.S. government funded programs is highly desirable.
• Master's degree in any field related to grant implementation.
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Business Administration
Qualified applicants – both national and international – must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Program Manager – USAID Cooperative Agreement” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before February 15th, 2018. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO) at Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.)||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Procurement Specialist at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Business Development Trainer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|SME Operation Officer/BDSP at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Re - ( معاونیت مالی واداری .. at DABS||Helmand||14 Dec 2019|
|Senior Business Development Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Nangarhar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Herat||17 Dec 2018|
|Business Development & Marketing Manager at Safi Engineering Services||Kabul||29 Dec 2018|