Irrigation Supervision Engineer(1115 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Panj Amu Project is an irrigation and natural resources management project which is designed and prepared under the context of National Natural Resources Management Strategy (N-NRMS 2017-2021).
This project, funded by Asian Development Bank & EU, which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resources infrastructure, watershed management and establishment of IAs and its capacity building in five provinces in Punj Amu River Basin (Bamyan, Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar and Badakhshan).
The Irrigation engineer will work closely with counterparts, consultant, contractor and local community and will report to PIO Manager, Project Director and Deputy Project Director.
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2018||Reference:||Panj-Amu/MAIL/2018/V-008|
|Closing Date:||23 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct survey for Irrigation and NRM projects, gathering field data required in the design of canal, and water control structures.
• Check survey, drawings, BoQ and other information to ensure these are accurately reflected as per site conditions.
• Investigate proposed locations of structures (turnout, flow measurement weirs, etc.) and prepare initial designs in coordination with the ground condition.
• Prepare and verify structure’s layout and ensure it fits field conditions.
• Supervise samples for quality control tests.
• Conduct detailed survey of structures whenever required.
• Draft detailed drawings whenever needed.
• Review all drawings submitted by contractor.
• Participate in Joint measurement and verification of invoices.
• Prepare all design calculations beside reports of structures; whenever required.
• Prepare facilities specifications and design criteria.
• Document all designs for future repairing and maintenance work.
• Assist the Consultants as directed by PIO manager or Project Director.
• Certify civil works progress of the contractors for payment process.
• Perform any other official duties assigned by PIO Manager, Project Director and Deputy Project Director
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. University degree preferably in civil Engineering or water resources engineering with focus on construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure (lining of canal, water control gates, flow measurement structure, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc). Preference would be given to candidates with Master in relevant field or to the candidates having extensive experience in irrigation projects
2. 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position with national and/or international organizations, preferably in ADB projects.
3. Good command of Total Station and CAD Operating.
3. Document management skills.
4. Good oral and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari.
5. Good computer skills, including competence in word processing, excel, and internet/e-mail.
6. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a complex and rapidly changing environment, excellent interpersonal skills.
Afghanistan - Kunduz
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
HR Department Contracted Staff
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|