Project Engineer(1895 Views)
NVDA (Nangarhar Valley Development Authority) is an irrigation project which is one component of the water Resources Development Investment program (WRDIP) Funded by Asian Development Bank, Which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock(MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resource infrastructure.
The NVDA is an irrigation system that was built with assistance of the former Soviet Union. It has mix of about 22,000 hectares of private and publicly managed irrigation land plus a range of agriculture related facilities based on the former Soviet collection farm model. To implement this component, MAIL will establish a dedicated project management office (PMO) in Kabul and project implementation office (PIO) in Jalalabad to prepare tender and supervise civil works; strengthen and reform management of the NVDA and oversee capacity development
The project engineer will have responsibility to design various irrigation structures, conduct site supervision of contractor and consultant, guide and ensure the quality of civil work of irrigation infrastructure according to the engineering standards and local conditions at NVDA Project site and other ADB projects under NVDA PMO
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2018||Reference:||MAIL/NVDA/40|
|Closing Date:||25 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing of various irrigation structures as per need in close coordination of survey team.
• Assistance in preparation of guidelines for surveyor’s activities in gathering field data required in the design of canal, and water control structures.
• Check survey drawings submitted by surveyors and ensure these accurately reflect site conditions.
• Investigate proposed locations of structures (turnout, flow measurement weirs, etc.) and prepare initial designs in coordination with consultant, line department and other stakeholders.
• Prepare and verify structure’s layout and ensure it fits field conditions.
• Supervising samples for quality control tests.
• Prepare material for reports.
• Conducting detailed survey of structures whenever required.
• Drafting detailed drawings whenever needed.
• Review of drawings submitted by contractor.
• Joint measurement and verification of invoices.
• Prepare all design calculations beside reports of structures; whenever required.
• Prepare facilities specifications and design criteria.
• Document all designs for future repairing and maintenance work.
• Assist the Consultants as directed by the Project Director.
• Certify civil works progress of the contractors for payment process to PD.
• The Project Engineer will be shifted to PMO/Kabul if needed and should be ready to do field
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for program’s goals;
• Results oriented and highly motivated;
• Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches;
• Undertake project-related tasks as mandated in the loan agreement and as required by MAIL;
• Prepare reports as required by MAIL and the Asian Development Bank (ADB);
• Extensive experience in survey by TS, drafting drawings and Designing of Structures.
The candidate must have a Degree in Civil engineering /Water Resources Engineering with focus on design of irrigation infrastructures (lining of canal, water control gates, flow measurement structure, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc). Preference would be given to candidates with Master in relevant field or to the candidates having extensive experience in similar regions. The incumbent will be based within Project Implementation Office (PIO) in Nangarhar. The project engineer will work closely with other field engineers, and will report to Project Director or Deputy Project Director. Extensive experience in survey in particular using TS will be a plus point.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
HR Department Contracted Staff
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|