Special Journalist for Social Reports(1569 Views)
About Salam Watandar
Salam Afghanistan Media Organization (SAMO), better famous as Salam Watandar Radio Network (SW), is a well-known media organization based in Kabul with 86 partner stations in 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
SAMO is a multi-media platform that reaches out to Afghans, nationwide. It uses radio, online and video to generate debate and engagement about the critical issues that affect the lives of Afghans. SAMO works with partners at the national and international level to ensure that an impartial and non-aligned media thrives in Afghanistan.
The organization aspires to a working environment that values honesty, integrity, fairness,
respect, creativity, and diligence.
Organizational Vision - The SAMO we are building
SAMO will be a funding-diversified, sustainable and independent multi-media platform. Its
governance and leadership will function according to international standards of good
practice. National and international partners will consider SAMO as a model of institutional
and organizational excellence.
Afghans are active citizens, not passive subjects:
• Political and community leaders will listen to and take account of the voice of ordinary people.
• Young people will be better informed, less manipulated by those who seek to exploit them, and increasingly perceive themselves as having the right to express their aspirations.
• Women's rights is promoted to empower and engage them in all spheres of life
• Farmers will have increased access to information about how to be more successful and profitable.
• Business people will understand their social responsibilities.
A Special Journalist for Social Reports will produce research based and analytical reports using his/her relation with legal entities, research institutions, legal characters or individual persons about social issues, problems and social reforms.
|Date Posted:||09 Jan 2018||Reference:||SAMO-090102018-2|
|Closing Date:||23 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical work activities:
• Should have working relations with Governmental and non Governmental organizations. Many of the social issues and statistical information is captured by the reports published by these organizations.
• Should have working relations with research and educational institutions. Many of the social issues and statistical information is captured by the reports published by these institutions.
• Should be able to produce news reports for radio and social-analytical reports for the site.
• Having investigative mind and ability to produce reports from the subjects that seems to be unimportant in the society.
• Should have strong and proven capability in producing feature stories. Most of the social issues have a story to them and the reporter should be able to capture the story.
• Her/his analytical articles and reports must be proven by statistical and research documents.
• Any official assignment from the organization in relation to his/her nature of work.
• Strong command of Farsi or Pashto
• Mastery of reporting skills including getting vox-pop, interviewing, edit and closing of package.
• Familiarity with the constitution, civil law and criminal law
Qualifications: (Minimum Requirements)
• At least bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Philosophy or Politic science (Master degree is preferred)
• At least three years of experience in Social Journalism.
• Familiarity with English for references purposes
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Photography
Interested candidates, Afghan male and female nationals, should submit their updated CV along with a cover letter stating your goals and interest for the position as advertised. Please forward your application to given email address.
We strongly recommend qualified females to apply for this position.
Also, please mention the vacancy number and name of the position in the subject line of your email devoid of which, your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Female Program Producer at Salam Watandar||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|ویراستار ویژه فارسی آنلا.. at Salam Watandar||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Special Reporter for Political Reports at Salam Watandar||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|