Senior Aid Communication and Coordination Advisor for MoMP(797 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of MoMP authorities, Aid Communication and Coordination Advisor is responsible for the Functions related to the Overlook the building of sufficient institutional and management capacity to formulate and implement the Ministry of Mines and petroleum Aid Management strategies and implementation plans.
- Mainstreaming the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum communications on Donor Relations and implementation with the national priority plans of the government of Afghanistan.
- Coordinating the delivery of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum resources (funding, implementation, etc.) to implement country priorities identified in the national policy road map.
The objective of the Aid Coordination Advisor is to promote information sharing and provide a mechanism for more coordinated responses between The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Embassies, International Donors and other Internal Government Agencies.
The strategy is expected to guide all Aide and dissemination related activities supported by the Ministries programs/projects.
To communicate the national vision and agenda of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to the public, media and relevant key stakeholders
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/1396-Senior Aid Communication and Coordination Advisor|
|Closing Date:||23 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Aid Coordination Advisor’s principal task is to support the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum in their donor-government, donor-ministry coordination efforts and assist all donor core groups in promoting effective aid coordination and harmonization agenda on a national level.
Specifically, under the supervision of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum the advisor will be expected to:
1. Review existing aid communication strategies/activities.
2. Review major Ministry of Mines and Petroleum documents to gain understanding on the nature of interventions supported by the national and international programs with implementing agencies;
3. Serve as a focal point among the donors where coordination issues are concerned;
4. Regularly liaise with the donors, Government, NGO’s, private sector, media and other parties involved or interested in the aid coordination and harmonization issues;
5. Overview the development and maintenance of the donor database and/or website in 3 languages (Dari, Pashto, English);
6. Support activities of any coordination structures that may be established (working groups, steering committees, etc.) to prepare and consolidate inputs for major collaborative initiatives;
7. Maintain positive working relations and manage feedback and information flows between and among: Minister of Mines and Petroleum, donor agency heads, the counterpart coordination mechanisms in the government, private sector, civil society and media;
8. Assist and prepare the joint donor coordination budget and revisions to budget;
9. Prepare and distribute minutes of the donor coordination meetings;
10. Analyze global best practice and lessons learned on donor coordination and aid harmonization;
11. Prepare background concept notes and papers;
12. Assist the donor community to coordinate their joint responses to the Government;
13. Collect general information, donor reports, letters and other documents and catalog them in an easily searchable and accessible manner;
14. Provide multifaceted communication tool for donor’s to connect to the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum;
15. Carryout stakeholder mapping and identify their expectations. Among others, key stakeholders should include key development partners, public and private sector (business member organizations and SMEs);
16. Identify areas of deficiencies of existing communications and dissemination activities.
17. Overseeing strategic messaging that comes from the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum as well as the National government on issues related to the Ministry.
Drafting a new communication strategy a. The strategy should include the objective statement (current situation analysis; identification of key stakeholders and their expectations; key messages for each of the key stakeholder groups including actions to improve visibility of development partners, effective communication means, technical workshops, conferences, meetings, bulletins, leaflets, websites, and email communication, etc.) work plan and evaluating success.
b. It is expected that the detailed guidelines on dissemination workshops should be developed. The guidelines should include key steps for preparing a workshop; conferences; meetings; and training staff; require written materials, evaluation method, qualification of speakers or representatives and etc.
c. Among others, the proposed work plan should include key activities, timeline, responsible agencies and human and financial recourses.
Stakeholder consultation workshops
At least one consultation workshop needs to be held to solicit feedback from various stakeholders before the draft strategy can be finalized.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization or project.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- accounting and bookkeeping skills
- operational and problem solving skills
- effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, --spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relation or any other related field and Master is preferred in this field.
• At least (5-10) years working experiences in related field.
• S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
• S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 23/Jan/2018at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Senior Aid Communication and Coordination Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Advocacy and Communication Coordinator at Organization of Human Welfare (..||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Reporting/Communication Assistant (Readvertis.. at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Intercept Operator/Linguist at Intellects||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Director of Communications at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Apr 2018|