SOEs Technical Advisor for MoMP/State Owned Enterprises Directorate(432 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP) of Afghanistan has the mandate to regulate and manage the extractive industries, allocate resource rights, collect geological information and collect non-tax extractive industries revenue. Whether extractive industries development will benefit Afghanistan largely depends on the Government and MoMP, specifically the quality and capacity of its institutions to manage the country’s resources. The Ministry intends to adopt a strong institutional and governance framework in order to help Afghanistan manage the sector responsibly. This includes reforming the SOEs.The MoMP four enterprises include:
1) Northern Coal Enterprise (NCE)
2) Jebel Seraj Cement Plant which produce cement
3) Afghan Gas Enterprise (AGE)
4) And Northern Fertilizer and Power Plant (NFPP) which the focus of this document is on NFPP. T
The low capacity of technical personnel and lack of modern equipment are among some of the issues facing the current SOEs. SOE’s transitioning is critical for a transparent, private sector-led approach to extractive industry development. Through a reform process, the Ministry would improve the productivity of these enterprises for efficient extraction and utilization of the resource assets held by the enterprises.
Nature and Scope of Assignment
This assignment will involve the development of an effective system for the reform of SOEs and training the SOEs staff in its implementation.
The successful candidate is expected to work with and through a team of SOEs in Kabul and provinces, and to progressively transfer skills, expertise and knowledge to them. This position does not involve any type of management or line responsibilities under any circumstance.
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2018||Reference:||MoMP/SOEs Technical Advisor|
|Closing Date:||23 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The SOEs technical advisor will perform the following specific activities:
1. Conduct a situation analysis of the existing SOE technical reform system and practices and identify the skilled staffing levels needed to fully implement a new system;
2. Conduct a Training Needs Assessment (TNA) to identify capacity gaps in the development and application technical reform of SOEs and prepare a Training Plan based on it;
3. Develop an SOE technical Restructuring Policy, strategy and regulations to facilitate the divestment of approved SOEs, and to better control the technical affairs of SOEs.
4. Suggest technical indicators and mechanisms that will assist in the monitoring of the restructuring, reform, divestment and privatization of the SOEs - based on a situation analysis of each State Owned Enterprises.
5. Identify and assess market competition constraints, rapid assessment tools and quantitative and qualitative analytical methods to evaluate the performance of state owned enterprises.
6. Check and control all technical documents before referring to SOEs Management Director.
7. Assisting the Operations Team in the planning and tasking of operational assets
8. Monitoring the procedures and quality assurance of SOEs operations
9. Coordinate site visit or attend and participate in site visit for monitoring progress of SOEs operation.
10. Any other task assigned by the SOEs Management Director
• Familiarity and understanding of Microsoft Office program. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other require software’s and programs).
• Knowledge and experience in related positions.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Able to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to work well with team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Superior written and oral English as well as Knowledge of the main local languages of Afghanistan.
• Team player.
• Willingness to learn the other disciplines of M & E in order to serve as back-up to other team members is key.
SOEs is looking for a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
• A good graduate bachelor degree in chemical engineering or any order relevant fields, plus 7 years relevant experience.
• Or, a good masters relevant mater degree plus 5 years relevant experience in the management of state owned enterprises.
• Sound knowledge of public sector would be an added advantage.
• Ability to produce high quality reports and documents in Dari, Pashtoo or English
• A good team player with ability to work in very challenging environment.
• Fluency in English is an added advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 23/Jan/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Subject line must be the Reference MOMP/PSU/ SOEs Technical Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Land Acquisition and Resettlement specialist .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||07 May 2018|
|MULTI SKILLED TECHNICIAN at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||26 Apr 2018|
|Individual Consultant to develop interconnect.. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Senior TVET Specialist for VTCs Management Di.. at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|Senior TVET Specialist for DG Skills Developm.. at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|Plant Manager (Fruit Processing) at Agroindust Inc.||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|