Country Director(612 Views)
About Afghan Knowledge Solution
AKS is a local development consultancy that works with the international community in the public, private and third sectors with the common goal of helping Afghanistan to become more secure and enhancing the life chances of Afghans by supporting economic and human development projects.
Founded in 2009, AKS has established a reputation as a trusted and highly competent partner in international development, managing projects across Afghanistan. We have a network of more than 500 national and international consultants with both exemplary technical expertise and a deep understanding of our country. By supporting donor and commercial projects AKS nurtures talent by transferring the skills and knowledge of its young Afghan team to fellow Afghans.
We work with international partners on governance, public financial management, economic development, and investment advisory and support, providing them with the local expertise they need to operate in Afghanistan effectively.
HQ CEO and Operations Director in the United Kingdom.
Line Management of Chief of Programmers, Chief of Finance and Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager,
To oversee all aspects of the business stream of AKS services Group in Afghanistan, with key roles of government, donor and NGO liaison; staff management; country finance control; new donor and project identification and business development; strategy design and implementation; and security management.
|Date Posted:||11 Jan 2018||Reference:||AKS /054|
|Closing Date:||24 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• In conjunction with the HQ programmer director and CEO of AKS to develop AKS’s business strategy, identifying trends and development areas of business for the company, new areas of project involvement and new donors to support the AKS’s efforts with strategic direction.
• Oversee current AKS’s projects and assess future business areas with the development concept notes.
• Seek in-country funding for the AKS concepts and programme or for its particular thematic components.
• Ensure organization-wide compliance with the Common Humanitarian Standard Code of Conduct, financial / procurement rules and regulation and adhere to AKS’s policies.
• Ensuring companies yearly audit accounts / tax payment and license are up-to-date
Liaison & Coordination:
• Appropriate and extensive liaison with NGOs, donors, and governmental agencies and Ministries, for excellent coordination and representation through established in-country coordination mechanisms and networks.
• Raise AKS’s visibility and profile in all relevant and key in-country networks (Clusters, UN, Embassies and other donor agencies)
• Ensure that AKS’s activity and licensing conforms to governmental standards and Afghan law
• To be responsible for the safety and security of all national and international staff & visitors
• Oversee security and Health/Safety management systems in Afghanistan.
• Lead security planning and field security management
• Oversee awareness and implementation of AKS’s security policy and procedures through its field staff, including regular risk assessments.
• Represent AKS at appropriate security coordination meetings.
Project/Programme Management and Development:
• Assume overall responsibility for the successful completion of AKS’s projects and programs, and achievement of planned business targets and objectives.
• Oversee all AKS projects and liaising with all project partners and AKS HQ staff
• Constant update of AKS’s track record
• Reviews requests for proposals (RFPs and develop proposal plans, outlines and schedules; and prepares questions for the potential clients.
• To be able to support proposal development including understanding of the task, plan, past performance and identification of resoures and project personnel
• Reviews proposal draft and final versions for responsiveness to RFP and responsible for the on time submissions being responsible for the post-proposal efforts such as negotiations; contract start-up briefings and "proposal lessons learned.
• Conduct Market analysis & research Business Development Activities; Bidding on online platforms.
• Visit project sites on a haddock basis and support good practices and standard implementation of programmes and its activities.
• Promote gender sensitivity, protection principles, and inclusive approaches in all Afghanistan programming.
• Line management of and support to senior staff (expatriate and national), including staff development
• Conducting staff appraisals and setting of Performance Objectives.
• Participate in determination of ongoing/future staff requirements and recruitment processes.
• In coordination with senior management, ensure that staff training and capacity-building needs are being identified and addressed.
• Ensure that there are proper and adequate complaints and grievance mechanisms in place and accessible to all staff members, and that all grievances are being addressed in a sensitive and timely manner
• Facilitate and promote good working relationships and identify areas for improvement between individual areas of AKS business and between HQ and field project staff.
• Hold responsibility for internal reporting and communications as per AKS’s requirements and procedures.
• Ensure timely delivery of quality reporting to donors and external partners as appropriate, including narratives, budgets, work plans.
Other possible duties, as agreed with the HQ Programme Director and CEO
1. Leadership and decision-making ability
2. Personnel management and team-building skills with an ability to delegate, follow-up and supervise as well as support
3. Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and mediation skills
4. Understanding of company and programme budgeting and financial management
5. Strong writing skills in English and Dari
6. Strong external representational skills
7. Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of Dari /Persian would be an asset.
8. Excellent computer skills in Word and Excel with. Experience with Outlook, Power Point etc
9. Agreement with AKS’s Organizational Values
Education should be of Degree preferably Master level in buinsess administration and other development sectors or other relevant areas.
• Substantial previous experience in programme management and business development, preferably in private sector development agencies relevant to programme. This must include significant field experience including management of national and international staff, project planning and implementation, and budget management.
• Demonstrated experience in donor liaison, preparation and successful funding of large or semi large development projects, including budgets, log frames, and work plans.
• Demonstrated experience in assessing the needs of poor rural communities and appropriate and sustainable ways of addressing them.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a humanitarian/development NGO setting, including strategy development and detailed coordination
• Demonstrated experience with cross-cultural communication and complex interpersonal relations; negotiating and working with foreign experts, managers, government officials, national staff, other non-governmental staff, community elders etc.
• Experience of living and working in Afghanistan is an distinct advantage
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested individuals should visit http://www.jobs.af to register their interest and submit the following by 24/01/2018.
Candidate's resume accompanied by a Cover Letter (mandatory!), applications that are incomplete won't be considered.
AKS may decide to process application before the deadline, therefore interested candidates should submit their applications soon as possible.
|More jobs in this category|
|Business Support Assistant (Booking) at United Nations-World Food Program..||Kabul||04 Feb 2018|
|تحویلدار at DABS||Kabul||30 Jan 2018|
|Internship at DACAAR||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|GENERAL LABOURER at Resolute Support||Kabul||09 Feb 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|