WEE-NPP Deputy Program Director(1614 Views)
The National Priority Programme on Women’s Economic Empowerment builds poor women’s capacity to strengthen the economy of their households, communities, and the entire nation. It provides start-up technical and financial support to women-owned businesses, job skills, and financial literacy. The programme also improves women’s economic enabling environment through policy and planning reforms that will remove legal barriers to women’s economic participation; streamline and reduce regulatory barriers to women’s involvement in marketing; and improve the quality and use of gender statistics for planning and monitoring women's economic progress.
The programme falls under the Human Capital Development Council. The overall coordinating body, MoLSAMD has formed a specialized WEE-NPP Program Coordination Office (PCO) to support the line ministries as they implement the program. Working closely with the Ministry of Finance’s Policy Department, which is the secretariat for all Development Councils, the PCO has three primary objectives:
• To support the member ministries by providing specialized technical assistance, sharing best practices and lessons learned, organizing learning events; and resolving administrative and operational problems beyond the control of individual ministries
• To help the WEE-NPP ministries assemble management briefs, donor and government reports, and other documentation required in as efficient and “light touch” manner as possible
• To provide high-level monitoring and evaluation that lets Cabinet and member ministries assess overall progress, identify gaps and lessons learned, and align WEE-NPP to the national budget process
The PCO reports to the Deputy Minister of Labor Affairs at MoLSAMD, but all participating ministries will provide feedback on the PCO’s performance during the annual review.
WEE-NPP Deputy Program Director Job Summary:
The Deputy Program Director is required to work under the overall guidance of the Deputy Minister for Labour Affairs and under the direct supervision of the Program Director; The Deputy Director will be expected to provide regular support and assistance to the Program Director, team and to the line Ministries to ensure successful implementation and monitoring of the WEE-NPP components.
The Deputy Director will also work collaboratively with the Program Director, and other technical team to monitor the overall operating context and the activities related to coordination, Finance, Procurement, Communications and M&E.
|Date Posted:||13 Jan 2018||Reference:||WEENPP-004|
|Closing Date:||28 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist team in exploring ways to deepen and scale up WEE initiatives into ongoing programs and operations of the line Ministries in order to improve the impact of activities carried out by them
• Support the Program Director and the Senior Grant Management Specialist to manage and monitor the innovation fund which will be used for financing new ideas of engagement with civil society, private sector etc.
• Facilitate the Development of a National Results Framework for the WEE NPP
• Support the team through engaging in regular dialogue with government ministries, civil society, the private sector and donors to establish a monitoring system, for reporting, tracking and information sharing on women’s economic empowerment
• Develop a comprehensive fund raising mechanism through which the Office will be engaged with interested donors to support, both technically and financially the WEE-NPP’s components
• Ensure effective coordination between the Office and Line Ministries, Private Sector, Donors and CSOs to improve sharing of data, knowledge, lesson learned and updates on the activities relevant to Women’s economic empowerment
• Advise team on principles and best practices in relation to strategic planning and management for results
• Assist PD and team to regularly track, monitor, analyze and report on the status of WEE-NPP to keep all line ministries, and other stakeholder updated on key progresses and timely react/coordinate on ad hoc issues/problems
• Assist the Program Director to coordinate and facilitate programs including the Advisory Group Meetings, Strategic Steering Committee (SSC), and Annual Provincial Meeting with all stakeholders on regular basis
• Support the team to help strategic regional and international partnerships to inform and strengthen the work of WEE-NPP partners with evidence-based models, lessons learned, and best practices
• Asses capacity gap within existing staff of the line ministries and PCO operating WEE, develop and propose a capacity Building Plan
• Establish a platform for Capacity exchange and Knowledge Sharing on their best practices and lesson learned within line ministries, private sector, and civil society organizations
• Facilitate and lead Follow-up on the implementation of the WEE-NPP’s components with relevant Ministries and private sector
• Assist in developing and improving the key documents of the Office such as, M&E Manual, Implementation Manual, Fund Raising mechanism, and managing the innovations fund
• Works closely with the team; M&E, Communications, Grant Management and MIS, to ensure relevant and latest information’s are available as needed.
• Track all laws and constitutions of the GoIRA that address the Women’s Empowerment
• Develop Internship manual
• Assist the PD in overall management and day to day operation of the office
• Supervise admin, procurement and finance related activities
• In the absence of the PD, take charge of the office
• Provide guidance and supervise the staff annual performance assessment
• Any other tasks as assigned by the senior management
• Support the Program Director in ensuring the NPP’s activities are implemented according to best practices and in line with the Annual Work Plans
• Liaise with key stakeholders and follow-up on specific activities
• Assist the team in preparing periodical and regular progress reports
Reporting and Supervision:
The Deputy Program Director will report to Program Director.
The contact will be between the Deputy Program Director and MoLSAMD
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Excellent Interpersonal communication, team building, problem solving, and time management skills
- Excellent communication, reporting and organizational skills
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and planning skills, including strong attention to detail;
- Proven team leadership skills, including ability to mentor and motivate staff;
- Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent communicator who builds effective relationships with key external and internal stakeholders;
- Strong ability to effectively work with multi-ethnic staff from diverse backgrounds;
- Proven ability to effectively design and implement logical frameworks and work plans for the team and program.
• Having at least Master’s in International Development, Economics, Business Administration or Management, Sustainable Development, Gender Studies, project management, Human Resources, public policy, international development or its equivalent degree with 5 years relevant work experience or having Bachelor’s degree with 7 years relevant.
• Sound knowledge of the Government of Afghanistan’s systems and processes relating to operational activities for development, sustainable development, and other issues of system-wide coherence
• Excellent oral and writing skills in English, and proven ability to prepare high-quality professional documents in English, Dari and Pashto languages
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
The candidates should submit one page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position along with the updated CV clearly stating on the sealed envelope the Vacancy Announcement Number to Women’s Economic Empowerment Unit at Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) and/or via email to:
by indicating the title and Vacancy Announcement Number in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and/or interview. Please note that applications received after the closing date 28, Jan, 2018 will not be given consideration.
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org must have in Cc : email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Logistics and Procurement Assistant at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||21 Dec 2018|
|مدیر نرسنگ at Ministry of Public Health||Kandahar||25 Dec 2018|
|مدیر فرهنگی و بازاریابی at Salam University||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|کارشناس تحلیل وتصنیف وظا.. at Ministry of Higher Edu..||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Regional Cricket Development Manager Mis-Aina.. at Afghanistan Cricket Bo..||Paktia||20 Dec 2018|
|آمر مصئونیت at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|انجنیر دیزاین at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|کارشناس تحلیل ارقام at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تحلیل پلان at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|مدیر هماهنگی دونرها at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|CEO/Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|