WEE-NPP Senior Technical Advisor (STA)(1052 Views)
The National Priority Programme on Women’s Economic Empowerment builds poor women’s capacity to strengthen the economy of their households, communities, and the entire nation. It provides start-up technical and financial support to women-owned businesses, job skills, and financial literacy. The programme also improves women’s economic enabling environment through policy and planning reforms that will remove legal barriers to women’s economic participation; streamline and reduce regulatory barriers to women’s involvement in marketing; and improve the quality and use of gender statistics for planning and monitoring women's economic progress.
The programme falls under the Human Capital Development Council. The overall coordinating body, MoLSAMD has formed a specialized WEE-NPP Program Coordination Office (PCO) to support the line ministries as they implement the program. Working closely with the Ministry of Finance’s Policy Department, which is the secretariat for all Development Councils, the PCO has three primary objectives:
• To support the member ministries by providing specialized technical assistance, sharing best practices and lessons learned, organizing learning events; and resolving administrative and operational problems beyond the control of individual ministries
• To help the WEE-NPP ministries assemble management briefs, donor and government reports, and other documentation required in as efficient and “light touch” manner as possible
• To provide high-level monitoring and evaluation that lets Cabinet and member ministries assess overall progress, identify gaps and lessons learned, and align WEE-NPP to the national budget process
The PCO reports to the Deputy Minister of Labor Affairs at MoLSAMD, but all participating ministries will provide feedback on the PCO’s performance during the annual review.
WEE-NPP Senior Technical Advisor Job Summary:
The work of the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) will be to provide support, advise and substantial guidance to the Program Director and Program Coordination Office in MoLSAMD on the development and execution of the WEE-NPP’s Work Plan including risk management, technical soundness, overall coordination, monitoring and evaluation of activities and deliverables under different to ensure the achievements of the WEE deliverable.
|Date Posted:||13 Jan 2018||Reference:||WEENPP-005|
|Closing Date:||28 Jan 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The STA shall work closely in coordination and collaboration with the WEE-NPP’s Program Director;
• Design and implement a Coordination Mechanism for all the relevant stakeholders (i.e. line ministries, Private Sector, Civil Society Organizations, and Development Partners) Support the Program Director on how best the PCO can establish coordination structure within the line ministries, to meet regularly with other relevant programs, projects of the ministry supported by government or development partners and collect relevant information to then share it with the PCO at MoLSAMD.
• Prepare Mapping of WEE programs at twelve sector along with their coverage at provincial and district level.
• Identify the overlaps and alignments between NAP 1325, NAPWA, and WEE-NPP.
• Update the existing work plan for PCO in conjunction with relevant departments, to ensure systematic, timely completion of set activities as well as to coordinate reporting against the work plan and tracking the program’s critical path.
• Support Program Director (PD) and the PCO in smooth implementation of the work plan activities
• Provide technical advice to the Program Director in identifying priorities in overall six pillars of the program, including implementation plan, annual and quarterly work plans, and facilitate a timely and participatory work planning process
• Provide technical assistance in developing Innovation Fund Manual and establishing WIF selection committee
• Provide guidance and technical assistance to the senior communication specialist to advance the visibility of the PCO’s operations and achievements across the government Private Sector, and donors.
• Design and conceptualize exchange visit and/or exposure visits for WEE NPP implementers/government stakeholders to address the capacity gap identified by the PCO
• Provide high quality technical advisory to Steering Committee and PCO on the way forward as well as guide and lead formation of various Technical Working Groups based on the established coordination mechanism within each implementing ministry.
• Contribute in preparing periodic progress reports to the Steering Committee, MoF, World Bank, HDC, PS, CSO’s and other donors and Government Departments, as required
• Advise and assist the Sr. Communication Specialist in development of communications strategy, handling media advisory, advocacy, and effective and efficient resource mobilization
• Support communications team in drafting newsletters, flyers, speeches, and briefs to H.E Minister, DM, PD on the latest progress of the program in consultation with relevant teammates as and when needed.
• Provide technical advice to the Sr. Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in developing baselines and indicators for program monitoring and evaluation, as well as in preparing progress reports focused on capturing results, lessons learned and good practices for possible wider application and disseminations
• Stay abreast of new research/data collection and surveys in conjunction to WEE with Central Statistics Organization and update PCO as well as Implementing Partners (IPs) on the statistics.
• Develop a concept note to hire a firm for conducting baseline survey on WEE at twelve sectors.
• Build on the draft restructuring concept note and finalize it in close coordination and collaborations with HED, MAIL leadership, and PCO
Reporting and Supervision:
The Senior Technical Advisor will report to Program Director.
The contact will be between the Senior Technical Advisor and MoLSAMD
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. Cultural, gender, religious, racial, national and age sensitivity and adaptability
b. Ability to assist in strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
c. Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet tight deadlines
d. strong corporate commitment
e. Analytical capabilities and excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills, maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking members of national and international institutions, government and non-government actors
f. Proven familiarity with gender analysis and concepts
g. Strong inter-personal skills; results driven, ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines. Ability to deal with complex issues, Strong communication, networking and team-building skills
• Having at least Master’s in International Development, Economics or Business Administration or management, Sustainable Development, Gender Studies or its equivalent degree with 5 years relevant work experience or having Bachelor’s degree with 7 years relevant experience
• Sound knowledge of the Government of Afghanistan’s systems and processes relating to operational activities for development, sustainable development, and other issues of system-wide coherence
• Excellent knowledge and experience of national and international laws, regulations and policies related to WEE.
• Excellent oral and writing skills in English, and proven ability to prepare high-quality professional documents in English, and preferably in both Dari and Pashto languages
• Strong knowledge and work experience in relevant field with particular focus on Women’s Empowerment and gender.
• Preference will be given to highly competent female applicants
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Qualified Afghan applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter including a contact number or email address.
The candidates should submit one page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position along with the updated CV clearly stating on the sealed envelope the Vacancy Announcement Number to Women’s Economic Empowerment Unit at Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) and/or via email to:
by indicating the title and Vacancy Announcement Number in the subject line of the email.
Please note that applications received after the closing date Jan 28, 2018 will not be
considered. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be
contacted. Short-listed candidates for this position are expected to attend two-step process: a written test and an interview.
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com must have in Cc : firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Resident Advisor Bank-E-Millie Afghan (BMA) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|