Senior IS Audit Officer(2578 Views)
About FINCA Afghanistan
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 20 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA)
FINCA Afghanistan has over 370 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
To that effect, the Senior Information Systems (IS) Audit Officer, is responsible the internal controls and risks of a FINCA Afghanistan technology network. He/she shall act in a lead role FINCA Afghanistan IS audit and all technology Innovations, designs and develops audit procedures, reviews and evaluates work of associates and, recommends and submits reports on identified corrections and controls in need of improvement. He/she shall also be involved in the planning and execution of internal audit procedures and the creation of internal audit reports and must work within a team to create a solid information technology infrastructure, and collaborate with staff to devise and put in place policies and procedures regarding network security issues. He/she shall maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with ISACA’s IT audit standard. Works independently under general direction with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
|Date Posted:||17 Jan 2018||Reference:||FA-KBL-HQ-168|
|Closing Date:||31 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
I. THE PROCESS OF AUDITING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
• Develop and implement a risk-based IT audit strategy in compliance with IT audit standards to ensure that key areas are included.
• Plan specific audits to determine whether information systems are protected, controlled and provide value to the organization.
• Conduct audits in accordance with IT audit standards to achieve planned audit objectives. Report audit findings and make recommendations to key stakeholders to communicate results and effect change when necessary.
• Conduct follow-ups or prepare status reports to ensure appropriate actions have been taken by management in a timely manner.
II. It Governance and Management
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the IT governance structure to determine whether IT decisions, directions and performance support the organization’s strategies and objectives.
• Evaluate IT organizational structure and human resources (personnel) management to determine whether they support the organization’s strategies and objectives.
• Evaluate the IT strategy, including the IT direction, and the processes for the strategy’s development, approval, implementation and maintenance for alignment with the organization’s strategies and objectives.
• Evaluate the organization’s IT policies, standards, and procedures, and the processes for their development, approval, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring, to determine whether they support the IT strategy and comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
• Evaluate the adequacy of the quality management system to determine whether it supports the organization’s strategies and objectives in a cost-effective manner.
• Evaluate IT management and monitoring of controls (e.g., continuous monitoring, QA) for compliance with the organization’s policies, standards and procedures.
• Evaluate IT resource investment, use and allocation practices, including prioritization criteria, for alignment with the organization’s strategies and objectives.
• Evaluate IT contracting strategies and policies, and contract management practices to determine whether they support the organization’s strategies and objectives.
• Evaluate risk management practices to determine whether the organization’s IT-related risks are properly managed.
• Evaluate monitoring and assurance practices to determine whether the board and executive management receive sufficient and timely information about IT performance.
• Evaluate the organization’s business continuity plan to determine the organization’s ability to continue essential business operations during the period of an IT disruption.
III. Is Acquisition, Development and Implementation
• Evaluate the business case for the proposed investments in information systems acquisition, development, maintenance and subsequent retirement to determine whether it meets business objectives.
• Evaluate the project management practices and controls to determine whether business requirements are achieved in a cost-effective manner while managing risks to the organization.
• Conduct reviews to determine whether a project is progressing in accordance with project plans, is adequately supported by documentation and status reporting is accurate.
• Evaluate controls for information systems during the requirements, acquisition, development and testing phases for compliance with the organization's policies, standards, procedures and applicable external requirements.
• Evaluate the readiness of information systems for implementation and migration into production to determine whether project deliverables, controls and organization's requirements are met.
Conduct post-implementation reviews of systems to determine whether project deliverables, controls and organization's requirements are met.
IV. Is Operations, Maintenance and Support
• Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to determine whether they continue to meet the organization’s objectives.
• Evaluate service level management practices to determine whether the level of service from internal and external service providers is defined and managed.
• Evaluate third party management practices to determine whether the levels of controls expected by the organization are being adhered to by the provider.
• Evaluate operations and end-user procedures to determine whether scheduled and non-scheduled processes are managed to completion.
• Evaluate the process of information systems maintenance to determine whether they are controlled effectively and continue to support the organization’s objectives.
• Evaluate data administration practices to determine the integrity and optimization of databases.
• Evaluate the use of capacity and performance monitoring tools and techniques to determine whether IT services meet the organization’s objectives.
• Evaluate problem and incident management practices to determine whether incidents, problems or errors are recorded, analyzed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Evaluate change, configuration and release management practices to determine whether scheduled and non-scheduled changes made to the organization’s production environment are adequately controlled and documented.
• Evaluate the adequacy of backup and restore provisions to determine the availability of information required to resume processing.
• Evaluate the organization’s disaster recovery plan to determine whether it enables the recovery of IT processing capabilities in the event of a disaster.
V. Protection of Is Assets
• Evaluate the information security policies, standards and procedures for completeness and alignment with generally accepted practices.
• Evaluate the design, implementation and monitoring of system and logical security controls to verify the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
• Evaluate the design, implementation, and monitoring of the data classification processes and procedures for alignment with the organization’s policies, standards, procedures, and applicable external requirements.
• Evaluate the design, implementation and monitoring of physical access and environmental controls to determine whether information assets are adequately safeguarded.
• Evaluate the processes and procedures used to store, retrieve, transport and dispose of information assets (e.g., backup media, offsite storage, hard copy/print data, and softcopy media) to determine whether information assets are adequately safeguarded.
VI. Other duties:
• To follow and implement Global Corporate audit methodology and techniques, applicable at subsidiary level.
• To determine whether organizational units in the FINCA Afghanistan are performing their planning, operational, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both organizational objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
• To plan and execute functional, process and field audits in accordance with accepted standards.
• To report audit findings and to make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations, and reducing cost.
• To perform assigned special reviews according to the given scope.
• Fluency in Dari, Pashto & English is required
• Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
• Knowledge with banking systems.
• Word processing, spreadsheets, systems documentation, or eventually audit packages, and other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
• IS Audit Plan & Budget
• Conducting and coordinating IS audits across the network
• Consolidated report on internal controls and risks of a FINCA’s technology network globally
• Conducting Branch, Support department audits & Reporting.
• MA/MS in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems Administration or related field.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) required.
• Internal auditing or forensic certification a plus.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, IT
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter and photo attached with CV also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-HQ-168 Sr. IS Audit Officer), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position. It is to mentioned that those CV"s Will consider who send Locally from mentioned province.
|More jobs in this category|
|SME Credit Analyst(Re-Advertised) at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Security Support Officer at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Executive Assistant at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Credit Administration Manager(Re-Advertised) at FMFB||Kabul||27 Jun 2018|
|Compensation and Benefits Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Balkh||26 Jun 2018|
|Talent Acquisition Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Client Relationship Officer at FMFB||Nangarhar||24 Jun 2018|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||18 Jun 2018|
|Customer Service Officer for Helmand at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Helmand||20 Jun 2018|
|Branch Manager at FMFB||Sar-e Pol||20 Jun 2018|
|Loan Officer-Re-advertised at FMFB||Balkh||18 Jun 2018|
|Credit Risk Analyst at FMFB||Kabul||18 Jun 2018|
|Junior Officer Compliance at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|CFO(Chief Financial Officer) at Arian Bank||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|