Chief Financial Officer(1721 Views)
About Habib Bank Ltd
With a global presence in over 25 countries spanning across four continents, HBL is expanding its presence in principal international markets including the UK, UAE, South and Central Asia, Africa and Far East. HBL started its operations in Afghanistan in the year 2004 with its Main Branch in Shahr-e-Nau, Kabul. The key areas of operations encompass product offerings and services in Retail, Commercial and Corporate Banking.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the Bank’s all fiscal operation/activities in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, internal policies/regulations, regulatory guidelines and other generally accepted accounting principles, such as cost accounting, budget and regulatory/governmental bodies reports ensuring the safeguard of Bank assents.
|Date Posted:||18 Jan 2018||Reference:||HBL/2091/HR-3HB001|
|Closing Date:||18 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. As a member of the Management Committee, the Chief Financial Officer will be involved in a range of strategic planning and internal initiatives, mainly in regard to financial issues.
2. Actively managing the general ledger, inclusive of preparation and entry of monthly closings, adjusting and balancing accounts; general journal entries, account reconciliations; balance sheet and income statement analyses.
3. Ensuring the accounting activities are carried out in accordance with the established internal, legal and regulatory procedures.
4. Generating and preparation of consolidated monthly financial statements and reports incorporating financial analyses to senior management, Head Office Karachi.
5. Manage all planning for periodically and year-end audit and tax filings.
6. Supervise staff of finance Department and develop/train/motivate the team as appropriate.
7. Managing financial and accounting records in an accurate and confidential manner, in accordance with established internal and regulatory requirements.
8. Prepares, present and interprets financial reports to senior management, Management Committee and Auditors (internal or external).
9. Adhere to the applicable tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank and ensures compliance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory directives.
10. Responsible for all short/long-term financial matters and for establishing company-wide financial and accounting objectives, policies, programs, directives and practices that ensure a sound financial structure.
11. Provide analysis regarding new business opportunities, new products, joint ventures, affiliations and making recommendations to the Senior Management.
12. Establish and implement financial policy affecting budgets, costs and the expenditure of the bank.
13. Ensure preparation and review of all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
14. Responsible to prepare complete year-end financial statements for audits including disclosures, statement of cash flows and complete work paper audit package.
15. Direct key point of contact for external and DAB auditors.
16. Stay current on audit best practices and regulatory laws and regulations.
17. Draft and maintain procedure manuals for all accounting and reporting functions and enhance the implementation of financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
18. Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance based on detailed analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation as well as revenue/expense analysis.
19. Compile and oversee short-term and long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with Bank’s strategic plan.
20. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Senior Management.
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of Afghan financial sector’s legal and regulatory framework.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decision based on accurate and timely analysis.
• High level of integrity and dependability with stronger sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Strong presentation skills; experience creating executive presentations on business strategy, financial results and other topics.
• Professional and friendly behavior.
• Disciplined and hard-worker.
Masters Degree, i.e. M.Com or MBA from a recognized University
• Professional certification e.g. ACCA, CIA, CBA, CPA, CISA or CFE.
• At least 7 years related experience in Finance/Accounting where 3-4 years on managerial position.
• Proper investment management skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photo to the below mentioned e-mail:
Kindly mention the title of position in the subject line of your e-mail
Only the Short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|