Sr. HR Specialist(1926 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide with approx. USD $ 232.1 million budget implemented by UNOPS and funded by the International Development Associate/ World Bank and International Bank of Reconstruction.
The Sr. HR Specialist works under the overall guidance and supervision of the Executive Director He/she will be responsible for the Organization over all Human Resource tasks, such as human resources planning, organizing, evaluating and managing. Furthermore, he/she is responsible for employment contract, preparing of keeping update HRM database.
|Date Posted:||30 Jan 2018||Reference:||03|
|Closing Date:||16 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Human Resource||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing HR management plan for the organization.
• Setting goals for HR Department.
• Review and HR Manual and recommend required.
• Developing, evaluating and adjusting proper and transparent recruitment procedures.
• Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
• Responsible to process recruitment and record keeping of ARAP/MOPW national employees and seconded staff, including preparation of contracts/ employment agreements and employee file management, and terminations ensuring adherence to established best practice in MOPW/ARAP manual.
• Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, health insurance benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations.
• Manages human resources operation’s by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; resolving problems; implementing change.
• Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
• Review and develop required HR forms and templates.
• Advice and support managers in drafting ToR’s ad person specifications ensuring that all documents are in line with the corporate format.
• In coordination with PIU Management, arrange and organize interviews, obtain classification clearance and ensure smooth recruitment process.
• In collaboration with PIU Administration ensure that all new staff are inducted into ARAP-MOPW via an orientation program and ensure the inclusion of an in depth briefing on entitlements and contractual terms.
• Ensure the availability of all HR forms and introduce new once where necessary.
• Coordinate with PU Administration unit to prepare MOPW-ARAP monthly payroll.
• Assist PIU Administrational aspects of employee insurance policy, coordination with PIU management in the event of compensation attributable to service-incurred illness, injury or death.
• Excellent working knowledge of English, both written and verbal, Fluent, both written and verbally, in Dari/Pashto.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office application (word, Excel), email/internet. Knowledge of international rules and regulations would be a distinct advantage.
• Be able to exercise good judgment and be able to maintain confidentiality and conduct duties with integrity.
• Has good interpersonal skills and makes sound and reasoned judgments.
• Is able to manage and mentor a team and supervise in a participatory and capacity building manner.
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• Is a self-starter, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Bachelor Degree at Business Administration, HR Management or another relevant field.
At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in HR or in other similar field.
Must have similar experience in public sectors
At least 3 years’ experience with international organization.
Previous experience in HR management is essential.
Previous experience managing and supervising is essential.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title (Sr. HR Specialist) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind MoPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|HRDBS Coordinator - MRRD at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|
|HR Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female HR Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|