Head of Technical Section(829 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The National Rural Access Program (NRAP) is one of the most important National Priority Programs (NPP) of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the program is the rehabilitation, (re-) construction and maintenance of the rural roads network in all 34 provinces of the country and it is funded by different donors, including the WB, ARTF, EC, DFID, JSDF , USAID and etc. The program has subsequent projects such NERAP, Shindand and etc.
The clients representative in the program has been nominated in legal document of project e.g. MSA and TA namely Program Implementation Unit (PIU). The program is committed not only to improve rural access in remote areas but also capacity building of national staffs in order to provide Ministry of Public Works with skilled and trained staff for future operation in which PIU and UNOPS consultants play the foremost role.
The Head of Technical Section will lead and provide technical support to the technical unit, (Bridge Design and Road Design) under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and accordance with NRAP-MPW policies, procedures and normal practices; he/she should provide input based on needs business process analysis, organization and maintenance of information, program performance, assets, customized mapping for Provincial Development Plans in 34 provinces, documents records preservation, and participate in technical reviews of new activities.
|Date Posted:||30 Jan 2018||Reference:||04|
|Closing Date:||17 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leading the Technical Section comprises of Survey, Road Design and Bridge Design Units
• Preparation of Concept reports after Investigation, preliminary design, design synopsis, final design,
• Estimation and recommended option for transportation sector projects (complex highways, Arterial roads, both rural and urban)
• Responsible for providing technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers and technicians
• Undertake roadside safety analysis, geometric design, drainage design and quantity calculation
• Handle the tasks of developing design concepts on roadway geometric, diversions, grading, and canalization layout
• Prepare reports on the progress and status of the project and update the same to the construction management team
• Assessment of existing roads, preparation of condition reports, developing plans, specifications and preparing project cost estimates
• Provide guidance and advice on technical issues that arise during the execution of projects
• Participate Donor/Client meeting and liaise with local authorities and community/tribal leaders to engage their participation and support for project design and execution
• Flexible and rigid pavement design by ANSA and AASHTO, Pavement Design methods
• Review and providing advice on technical specifications to ensure adherence to AASHTO and MoPW standards
• Assist in preparation of Maintenance Strategy for Road Network Planning of MOPW
• Ensure all designs and maintenance projects are completed to the highest standards, based on initial survey data provided to the road design unit by the surveyors, regional engineers, and environmental and social inclusion (ESMF) specialists.
• Preparation of bill of quantities and cost estimation of road and bridge sub projects
• Providing advice and coordination of the construction of the roads in conjunction with the Contract Management Section and the Contractor.
• Lead monitoring construction works to ensure the works compel to the designs and accepted quality
• Reviewing QA/QC and site progress reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications.
• Review and endorse any design changes that are processed by the contract management section.
• Assisting with building the capacity NRAP/MoPW Counterpart Engineers in road design and construction techniques including good practices and troubleshooting methods.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Leadership and design management
- Experience in Road Assessment, Preparation of Condition Reports
- Highly skilled in Road Geometric Design and Road Pavement Design
- Expert in Road Design Software, Bentley MX Road, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Strong capacity building background with public sector
- Contract documentation, preparation of BOQ, cost estimates, rate analysis, tendering and evaluation
- Contract Administration, Quality Assurance in Roads and Bridge Construction
Master degree from Civil Engineering; or BSc of Civil Engineering from recognized University with additional 2 years of experience may consider in lieu of Master degree.
• At least 5 years relevant work experience progressively responsible experience in successfully conducting and implementing similar programs;
• At least 5 years professional experience managing programmes at a Sr. Management Level;
• Proven ability to manage large scale rural road rehabilitation projects using labour-intensive and/or LBAT methods and utilizing private sector and community contractors.
• Experience with similar World Bank projects is a strong asset.
• Demonstrated experience building capacity including systems, procedures and standards.
• Fluent English both written and spoken. Knowledge of Dari, Pashtu or other regional languages is an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Engineering
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title (Head of Technical Section) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind MoPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیریت حفظ و مراقبت لین ه.. at Blakh Breshna||Balkh||02 Mar 2018|
|Store Assistant Biomedical at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Ch..||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Draftsman/CAD Assistant at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Design Engineer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Water Engineer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Ghowr||05 Mar 2018|
|Road Design Engineer/Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sr. Bridge Design Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Sr. Road Design Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Site Engineer for Highway at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Highway Project Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|