Head of Construction(1099 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director of NRAP the Head of Construction is responsible to assist and support the project team in the Technical, Engineering and implementation to achieve the goal of the ARAP.
The Head of Construction is also responsible for all technical aspects of the project with close consultation of the Executive Director of the program and regional managers, both technical and non-technical. The Head of Construction will manage and supervise all Regional technical staff and ensure sub-projects are implemented according to BoQ, technical specifications and timeframe specified in the contract in coordination with Head Office.
|Date Posted:||30 Jan 2018||Reference:||ARAP/MOPW/KBL 05|
|Closing Date:||19 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Operations and Staff Management
• Responsible for the overall management of the NRAP/ARAP regional offices including ensuring effective implementation.
• Responsible for staff management and personnel issues, including recruitment, termination, staff policy issues, etc., with guidance from Executive director.
• Promote and develop a motivating, harmonious and productive team environment.
• Ensure project implementation is in adherence to relevant guidelines, procedures and policies.
• Represent NRAP/ARAP-MoPW in the regions as well as H.Q to relevant stakeholders such as; government, NGO, Provincial authorities and local communities, building strong and lasting work relationships.
• Maintain a working relationship with the Regional Managers and through them to Provincial Governors to keep them updated and fully informed regarding project implementation and development.
• Liaise and coordinate with ARAP MRRD colleagues to promote synergy and cooperation between the two ministries in implementing ARAP.
• Support the Public Relations and Communications team through the provision of inputs for public information and publicity products.
Planning, Implementation, Supervision and Technical Advice:
• Assist the Executive Director of NRAP in the review of the ARAP Planning, sub-projects Prioritization, Staffing in the regional Level and detailed engineering design.
• Attend to various consultation processes, initiated by the Executive Director together with the Head of sections.
• Overseeing the works of CMU and provide regular technical advice regarding the implementation of the contract terms and conditions.
• Monitoring and coordinating the activities of the Regional Managers to facilitate the achievement of sub-projects this includes reviewing verifying and analyzing work plans, progress reports relevant materials
• Ensuring effective coordination of the Regional managers, with MoPW and local authorities and identifying problems and bottlenecks (current and potential) related to project administration and implantation and making recommendation for solutions or preventive strategies and overseeing the application of corrective measures.
• Coordinate the timely submission of reporting from filed and the submission of input to the NRAP Executive Director and MoPW reporting and data collection systems
• Overseeing the entire construction projects in the regions.
• Ensuring that the project is completed within a specified time, cost and quality.
• Overseeing the performance of regional managers and regional technical staff
• Responsible for the overall and timely delivery of ARAP contracts in the regions;
• In coordination with the ARAP QA/QC Coordinator ensure the implementation of a quality assurance plan throughout the regions;
• Ensure the timely submission of reporting and input to the Executive Director, and facilitate the collection of inputs for the regions and monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Provide technical advice and assistance in the institutional strengthening of NRAP technical staff.
• Ensure the provision of training and technology transfer to NRAP technical staff and contractor staff in bridge and road design and construction techniques including good practices and troubleshooting methods.
• Ensure that all ARAP/MPW projects in the region are implemented in full compliance with the Environmental and Social Management Framework.
• Any other tasks as assigned by the Head of PIU.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
• Timely and accurate submission of monthly quantitative and qualitative progress report to Executive Director and other relevant department.
• Timely check and control the V.O and EoT request received from the regional managers and advice to CMU for further process.
• Timely/ regularly submission of status report to the Ex. Director.
• Timely review and sign of payment requests and regional portfolio delivery.
• Successful implementation all ARAP/MOPW road and bridge rehabilitation contracts in the regions
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal is essential. Fluent in Dari/Pashto.
• Good working knowledge of Ms Office applications (Word, Excel).
• Highly motivated individual, who demonstrates self-initiative and is able to work under pressure.
• Is able to accept responsibility and manage and mentor a team.
• Highly knowledgeable in the practical application of technical requirements of road and bridge construction projects.
• Experience within the region is highly desirable.
• Able and willing to travel to provinces within Afghanistan, including volatile and insecure areas
• Master Degree in civil engineering is required or Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 years’ Experience in Civil Engineering may be considered in lieu of Master Degree.
• At least 5 years engineering experience, as a Senior Engineer, Team Leader or another similar or equivalent management position, preferably within the field of road and bridge construction.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a large scale roads construction project.
• Previous experience in supervising and capacity building staff is essential.
• Previous experience working in World Bank project is an advantage
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Engineering
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title (Head of Construction) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind MoPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Site Engineer at State Corps||Multi Cities||28 Feb 2018|
|National Construction Supervision Officer at Food and Agriculture Organiz..||Kabul||01 Mar 2018|
|Electrical Quality Control Engineer at URS-MegaTech||Multi Cities||15 Mar 2018|