Senior Water History Research Specialist, (C- 926)(336 Views)
About Ministery of Energy and Water
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
|Date Posted:||04 Feb 2018||Reference:||MEW/PCU/REOI/591|
|Closing Date:||25 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Literature||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify and liaise with background paper authors to use as reference for background of water history Study, comment on the contributions received from them and integrate them in the report.
• Provide feedback on water history during the review of Water law of Afghanistan specially from the old documents (8-9th Centuries of Afghanistan) .
• Develop Terms of Reference for Water history study in order to analyze old and handwrites manuscripts and papers of Water history and water division in Afghanistan
• Contribute to the finalization of the report by interacting with the editing and the production teams, including participating in various rounds of proofreading of chapter. drafts, fact checking, ensuring consistency of data used throughout the study report.
• Undertake study on conceptual and methodological areas of Afghanistan water division history.
• Find out background studies and researches for Afghanistan water division history at national and international level (regional archives) if available and accessible.
• Develop and maintain close collaboration with academics, and researches in various universities and research institutions and statistical agencies.
• Contribute to outreach and advocate the message of the report to provide the Afghanistan digital and physical library of water and water division and water distribution historically.
• Conduct field and librarian study if required from historically point of view.
• Making the bibliography of water and water distribution in Afghanistan from old documents ( 8-9th centuries)
• Perform other duties as required by the H.E Minister, PCU Director and IRDP Manager.
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience of special manuscripts of old documents related to water management and Irrigation in Afghanistan.
• Ability to use personal computers and related software.
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly in English and one of the local languages.
• Writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop written reports and action plans.
• Having at least Master’s or its equivalent degree in Codicology ,Dari literature or history with 5 years working experience or having Bachelor's degree with 7 years’ experience in relevant/similar works(surveys and researches) with exposure to participatory development in historical water distribution studies or related works.;
• Having experience and expertise to read and analyze the special manuscripts used in the documents 8-9 th centuries,
• Being familiar in the historical water and irrigation issues in Afghanistan
Afghanistan - Kabul
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of IRDP under Ministry of Energy and water now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest. Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and are invited to submit their CV (Curriculum Vitae), including employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.
The covering application letter should indicate that he meets all the required qualifications and experience (as mentioned above) quoting references to various paragraphs of CV to demonstrate this.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V Selection of Individual Consultants procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the address below during the office hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Saturday to Wednesday or by e-mail.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or sent by e-mail to the address below no later than
25- Feb -2018
Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi”
Acting Director of Project Coordination Unit PCU
Ministry of Energy and Water
Ahadi.firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|آموزگار کمپیوتر at Afghan Hind||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|